L'Oréal Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.3

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Luckily I skipped the initial CV hand-in and telephone interview and went straight to assessment centre after my university held a L'Oréal Lock-in practice assessment centre and I was fast-tracked. The process was still quite long and they took their time getting back to me. However they do give feedback which is very useful.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled in application form online, completed a situational assessment and numerical reasoning test, and then was invited to telephone interview. The application form required to you answer some questions based on competency and complete a covering letter. The telephone interview was about 20 mins long but the woman on the phone rang 10 mins late and did not seem interested in what I was saying. Rushed through the questions and seemed very disinterested, which came across rude as I had spent time preparing for the interview etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of beauty?
      What sort of culture do you like to work in?
      What do you know about L'Oreal?
      What do you know about the job role?
      Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled in the application online, after which I completed online numerical, linguistic and cultural tests and then proceeded to the phone interview stage. The phone interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 20 minute phone interview. Then invited to an assessment centre with a group task, numerical test, case study presentation and a one on one interview.

The phone interview was mainly competency questions based on their visions and values. The assessment centre was very formal but everyone made me feel at ease. The tasks were well explained, but the formality of the HQ can be quite intimidating.

An offer was made around a week after the assessment centre, and a training day followed about 6 weeks later, again int he London HQ.

I found the experience very helpful regardless of the job offer; I hope the practice will hold me in good stead for future applications.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have taken charge of a situation.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

One thing to note is that L'Oréal do not interview for a particular role, they interview you. This is something I would say is very positive. They are more interested in how you would fit into their company and culture. They are also very interested in where you see yourself within their business so make sure you know this.

Interview Questions

• Prior to interview there is a Maths test, if you are not good at maths... practice!

all interview questions are based around their competencies - which more often than not are actually on their job spec! Which makes life ALOT easier! You don't have to go hunting around for them!

Their main competencies are below:
      * Innovation
      *Entrepreneurship
      *Act and Lead with Human Sensitivity
      *Manage Complexity
      *Achieve results with integrity
      *Interact effectively
      *sensitivity to the metier

I broke this down and looked at every area both internally (within my current organisation) and externally (Ie, clients) I made sure I had an example of both for each competency ( I have put some of my responses below to help)

I would also say it is VITAL that you do research on the company, find out as much as you can and remember it. This information puts you one step ahead of anyone who hasn't! Reading their financial statement / annual report can be an easy way of seeing what the company has done and where it is planning to go. This is easy to find on google. They also have an app called L'Oréal Finance, which is a more digestible version! Don't just regurgitate these facts but bring different parts into the conversation where you deem appropriate! I did ALOT of research and it made the conversations easier as i knew what their business targets and challenges where.

Also know WHY you want to work there.... they will 100% ask you this question. Just saying your passionate about the products will not cut it... believe me they will drill down.

Don't forget you can have notes with you in an interview! There is no rule against this, i used mine in my interview to refer to things i may have forgotten, it also shows them clearly that you have prepared and you are serious about wanting the job!

Know your own strengths and weaknesses - they will ask you this but it can be asked in a lot of ways. "is there anything you know you could do better" / " is there anything you find hard" / "what would you say you could personally improve on?".

For each of my interviews (6 in total) i also had questions for that individual person. I had done my research on their backgrounds ( linkedin). I asked things like "You were previously in a finance role, why did you decide to move to sales within L'Oréal" or " What do you think are going to be the challenges facing L'Oréal in the future". This interview is as much yours as it is theirs - ask as many questions as you want and challenge them to think.

Finally if you do nothing else ASK THIS QUESTION: " Do you have any reservations about my application?" It gives them the chance to tell you if you have done something wrong straight away, this is your chance to change their mind!
      1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Application form online - standard format for graduate roles (background, education, CV Upload)
    Online tests - Numerical test
    Telephone interview - competency based questions, a couple about the beauty industry, and a couple about the role
    Assessment centre - Hammersmith, London; further numerical test, group exercise, case study (given a couple of days before to prepare for) presentation and interview; 'the cut' whereby if you've been unsuccessful in meeting the morning's benchmarks, you leave early, otherwise, you stay for 1:1 interview, and if you pass that, then a senior management interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent marketing campaign of L'Oreal's that caught your eye.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online submitting my CV and cover letter, and was then sent links to two online tests to complete. A couple of weeks later was told I had a telephone interview, had this and two days later was told I had made it through to the assessment centre the following week. The day before I was sent a pack including a case study which I then had to plan a twenty minute pitch for.

Interview Questions

• Why the particular role of Digital Marketing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to communicate with others   1 Answer

Marketing Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The process involves online questions and a CV and cover letter submission. I then had to take three tests including numerical, verbal reasoning and practical. After this I received a telephone interview and have now been put in for an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• What recent promotion do you think was most memorable?   1 Answer

L'orealHuman Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with current placement student. He asked a set of competency questions. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. Asked to describe a time where I had to deal with a difficult situation and a time I had to pay attention to detail. Overall, satisfactory experience as I feel the interviewer could have made me feel more at ease over the phone and not so rushed for time.

Interview Questions

• Potential threats L'oreal may face   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview arrangement was set up very quickly, 2 days are resume were sent.
    However, one has to be prepared for the next round coming in alternative days. It was a bit overwhelming especially during the essay season.
    The interview last very long, over 1 hour with a lot of behavioral and scenario questions.
    You will be meeting the HR, your potential colleagues in one day, then your direct managers and the senior management on the other.