L'Oréal Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.3

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 stages.
    1st stage - was an interview with the area manager.
    2nd stage - Trade test with senior make up artist
    3rd stage- final interview with the sales manager.

You need to have a business plan prepared and you need to do a lot of product research and brand ethos research.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for graduate intern role - Financial Operations in London. Applied online only requiring some standard information and CV. Relatively quick email conversation to set up skype interview with line manager. General competency questions asked. Feedback was given after rejection.

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then I took some online tests. Passed them. Got a phone interview, pretty easy. 15 minutes talking about me and situational questions. Got invited to their assessment centre. Had to work on a case study that was sent a week before the AC. Got a maths test on the day, presentation of my case study and group activities, then some of us were invited to a 1-hour interview

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Luckily I skipped the initial CV hand-in and telephone interview and went straight to assessment centre after my university held a L'Oréal Lock-in practice assessment centre and I was fast-tracked. The process was still quite long and they took their time getting back to me. However they do give feedback which is very useful.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled in application form online, completed a situational assessment and numerical reasoning test, and then was invited to telephone interview. The application form required to you answer some questions based on competency and complete a covering letter. The telephone interview was about 20 mins long but the woman on the phone rang 10 mins late and did not seem interested in what I was saying. Rushed through the questions and seemed very disinterested, which came across rude as I had spent time preparing for the interview etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of beauty?
      What sort of culture do you like to work in?
      What do you know about L'Oreal?
      What do you know about the job role?   Answer Question

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Fast Tracked from my university and invited to an assessment centre a few months after. The assessment centre was good, everyone was friendly, and a lovely work environment. Had a math test, a group task and a presentation, but got cut off during the lunch break. after the lunch break I think there was one to one interviews.

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled in the application online, after which I completed online numerical, linguistic and cultural tests and then proceeded to the phone interview stage. The phone interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was offered the opportunity to apply for the graduate scheme after completing a summer internship at Loreal. The process consists of a presentation to HR directors and an interview with a senior manager. The process is hard but staff are accommodating and helpful throughout.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is a marketing campaign which stands out? and why?
      2. What makes you a good fit for Loreal?
      3. Describe a time when you where under pressure and still came up trumps?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 20 minute phone interview. Then invited to an assessment centre with a group task, numerical test, case study presentation and a one on one interview.

The phone interview was mainly competency questions based on their visions and values. The assessment centre was very formal but everyone made me feel at ease. The tasks were well explained, but the formality of the HQ can be quite intimidating.

An offer was made around a week after the assessment centre, and a training day followed about 6 weeks later, again int he London HQ.

I found the experience very helpful regardless of the job offer; I hope the practice will hold me in good stead for future applications.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

One thing to note is that L'Oréal do not interview for a particular role, they interview you. This is something I would say is very positive. They are more interested in how you would fit into their company and culture. They are also very interested in where you see yourself within their business so make sure you know this.

Interview Questions

• Prior to interview there is a Maths test, if you are not good at maths... practice!

all interview questions are based around their competencies - which more often than not are actually on their job spec! Which makes life ALOT easier! You don't have to go hunting around for them!

Their main competencies are below:
      * Innovation
      *Entrepreneurship
      *Act and Lead with Human Sensitivity
      *Manage Complexity
      *Achieve results with integrity
      *Interact effectively
      *sensitivity to the metier

I broke this down and looked at every area both internally (within my current organisation) and externally (Ie, clients) I made sure I had an example of both for each competency ( I have put some of my responses below to help)

I would also say it is VITAL that you do research on the company, find out as much as you can and remember it. This information puts you one step ahead of anyone who hasn't! Reading their financial statement / annual report can be an easy way of seeing what the company has done and where it is planning to go. This is easy to find on google. They also have an app called L'Oréal Finance, which is a more digestible version! Don't just regurgitate these facts but bring different parts into the conversation where you deem appropriate! I did ALOT of research and it made the conversations easier as i knew what their business targets and challenges where.

Also know WHY you want to work there.... they will 100% ask you this question. Just saying your passionate about the products will not cut it... believe me they will drill down.

Don't forget you can have notes with you in an interview! There is no rule against this, i used mine in my interview to refer to things i may have forgotten, it also shows them clearly that you have prepared and you are serious about wanting the job!

Know your own strengths and weaknesses - they will ask you this but it can be asked in a lot of ways. "is there anything you know you could do better" / " is there anything you find hard" / "what would you say you could personally improve on?".

For each of my interviews (6 in total) i also had questions for that individual person. I had done my research on their backgrounds ( linkedin). I asked things like "You were previously in a finance role, why did you decide to move to sales within L'Oréal" or " What do you think are going to be the challenges facing L'Oréal in the future". This interview is as much yours as it is theirs - ask as many questions as you want and challenge them to think.

Finally if you do nothing else ASK THIS QUESTION: " Do you have any reservations about my application?" It gives them the chance to tell you if you have done something wrong straight away, this is your chance to change their mind!   1 Answer