L'Oréal Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview with head of each division, and the head of HR. Very relaxed and casual atmosphere. Didn't ask many standard interview questions e.g. why L'oreal, why marketing. My interview took around 30-35 minutes, but heard there were others whose interview only lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say your strength and difficulty are?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Chandler, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Had the first interview last week. The interview was took at the campus. Most of the questions are about my experience and background on my resume. This no very difficult question. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Detailed phone interview. Attended "Super Day." Met with 1 HR and 3 senior management (directors and above). Around 18 candidates attended. Somewhat "French" focused and valued the background. Attitude and culture of company apparent through interview process. Freebies were received.
    Questions they asked: 1) If you were to invent/create a new product, what would you make? 2) Why makes you valuable to this company? Other industry related questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were to invent a new product, what would you make?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

There are 3 stages basically. Firstly, online application. Secondly, assessment centre and finally, panel interview. The first stage simply requires you to submit your resume. After which, they will nominate you based on your credentials for the assessment centre. At the assessment centre, you have sections to promote yourself and also conduct and present a case analysis with a group. After the entire assessment centre, you'll then be assessed to see if you make it to the final round. Once you pass the final panel interview, you will be called down to sign the contract with the company.

Throughout the three stages, I was glad to meet and connect with so many passionate staff in L'Oreal. You can clearly see their passion for the company and it was overall a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• What does the brand L'Oreal mean to you? What do you think are the KPIs for each division? What is the kind of culture you can not work in?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Causeway Bay (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Causeway Bay (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

The second round consists of written test and group discussion on a given topic. They only hire back their intern students and promote internal executive to the mt position so basically it is a waste of time to go to the interview.

Interview Questions

• suggestion on a retailing strategy for a specific brand   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

The 2 interviewers tried their best to keep the atmosphere casual as myself and other 4 interviewees were sat on bean bags throughout the group interview. In this particular case, it was a blind interview, meaning that the interviewers did not have in hand your resume during the interview. They have no information on you during the interview so its important to practice selling yourself when preparing Although there are no surprise questions, it is important to answer their casual questions with relevance to the division you applied for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to be leader? How can that help you functioning in the ex. HR field? Doo you know of any distinct qualities of L'Oreal Korea compared to the other L'Oreal settlements across the world?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round was self-introduction using a L'Oreal product, followed by a group case discussion and presentation. The panel of judges/managers will walk around and take notes during the discussion. Had to wait two hours to present. They did not seem friendly and were not even interested in your recommendation for the case. Just asked questions about leadership and teamwork to probe you and verify their own observations.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume via the school portal. after 1/2 weeks, got a call by the HR asking basic questions about my experience, my perception of beauty etc. Was invited to attend the assessment centre, which included a individual and a group component.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2016.

Interview

5 steps: first CV and application, then youtube video about "new business idea for L'Oréal Nordics", then first interview with a Danish HR person, after that another interview with HR manager and logical tests. Finally the last step is the assessment day in Copengagen which will last from 8-17; group case, individual case and individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• -What has been the biggest challenge in your life?
      -Tell me about a time when a team member had a totally different opinion than you and how did you handle the situation?
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Application form online - standard format for graduate roles (background, education, CV Upload)
    Online tests - Numerical test
    Telephone interview - competency based questions, a couple about the beauty industry, and a couple about the role
    Assessment centre - Hammersmith, London; further numerical test, group exercise, case study (given a couple of days before to prepare for) presentation and interview; 'the cut' whereby if you've been unsuccessful in meeting the morning's benchmarks, you leave early, otherwise, you stay for 1:1 interview, and if you pass that, then a senior management interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent marketing campaign of L'Oreal's that caught your eye.   Answer Question