L'Oréal Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Manager Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

After working with an external recruiter, L'Oreal's internal recruiting department interviewed me twice (informational) before I interviewed with an HR manager (informal, "review your resume")--this first stage of the process took a total of two weeks. After my interview with HR, the balance of the process unfolded over two weeks. I interviewed once on the phone with my future manager (situational and behavioral interview), and met with her again, more informally, in person over coffee. Final round interview was a day of conversations in the New York City office, where I met with division vice presidents. Nothing about the interview process was off-putting. There are no trick questions--the company just wants to make sure you're talented, experienced, and ready for progression. They hire with your next two-to-three roles in mind. The process was thorough and fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Situational: Describe how you would approach managing down a large amount of inventory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal pay structure is relatively straightforward at the manager level--not much room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Manager Interview

Interview

Very informal, had two conversations and received an offer very quickly.

Process was very disorganized. Was told the process was over when in reality there was much more to be done. Never knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Just a casual conversation. No hard questions, a couple "tell me about a time", but jotting hard. Mostly talking through work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had to negotiate with someone who didn't have any power. Then she went to superior for approval and superior surprised everyone.

We're open to my requests, superior offered more than I asked for which was nice.

Manager Interview

Interview

Complicated and disorganized. Waited in lobby for 45 minutes. No offering of water or coffee. Had to call for next steps when told I would be brought back for round two interviews.Not very personable. No smiling . Hand shale like a fish.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

After a campus interview, I interviewed with three to four people over a couple of days, one interview was in a foreign language that I listed on my resume and mentioned that I could speak. They informed you fairly quickly if you were going to move on. Did one phone interview as well with a manager that was out of town.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Fair and challenging questions you'd expect from a top company. They are interested if you are creative or artistic, in addition to your business skills/education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was too lengthy. I returned several times and got sent to a variety of locations & it was difficult to manage while working another job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of your greatest failure, what was it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was fairly inflexible.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2010.

Interview

I was being promoted from an Artist to Management in another luxury retail store.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself 5 years from know?   1 Answer