L'Oréal Marketeer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Marketeer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and informational about the position. Spoke with two recruiters and learned a lot about the company and the position. Enjoyed the process overall. Positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent marketing campaign that spoke to you and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Taste of L'Oreal---personality portion, analysis of case, lunch with executives. They watch you the majority of the time, even while you prep for the presentation (I believe to gauge your leadership capabilities). Funnily enough I performed a rap on my personality portion because the activity was titled creativity assessment. Worked for me because I got the interview.
    Interview--- 2/3 on 1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, then got an email back from HR wanting to schedule a phone interview. If you passed the phone interview, then you were asked to have a 1 on 1 interview. I was actually interviewed by another intern, which was kind of strange.

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends you follow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Elevator pitch, talking about the company, the application process and the requirements, company core values, dynamics and the culture. There was a connection between the interviewer and myself due to similiarities in our careers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online after going to a career fair and information session at my college. Then, I got a phone interview the next day with a person from HR at their headquarters. The interview went very well and I spoke mostly on my leadership experiences off of my resume. I then got offered another second round phone interview for 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest conflict you were faced with while working on a leadership project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First met with HR manager, then three managers
    Two hours, non-intimidating, laid back interview
    Went through my experience and how it relates to marketing, passion for beauty industry, beauty campaigns that have inspired me

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in beauty?
      What made you switch from editorial to marketing?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The HR reached out for me on LinkedIn then we had our first phone screen . Got the on site interview weeks later and had 3 rounds in a row in the same day.

Interview Questions

• First round with HR some behavioral questions. Second round with the department manager I will directly report to, same questions as HR, asked about my experience and my knowledge about that brand I'm interviewing for. Third round with the VP, didn't really ask any questions, only asked me to tell her about myself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of multiple steps. First, you submit your application online. Second, you will be contacted for a phone interview (it only lasts about 15 minutes) if they are interested in you. The interview revolves around behavioral questions and every person receives different questions for the most part. About a week later, you will hear back regarding whether or not you advance to the final round, 'A Taste of L'Oreal' in which the company will fly you out to NYC.

In NYC, everything is kicked up about 50 notches. The first night includes networking with people who work at the company (they even brought the CEO to talk to us, which was a pretty amazing experience). The second day (and most intense day), consists of an all day case study. If you apply for CPD, there is a winning team, however, there isn't a winning team for the other divisions.

On the final day, you go in for an interview (2 on 1). One person is from HR and the other is from your department. Most questions are focused on the case study you did the day before, with a couple of behavioral questions. This interview will last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview question: What is a recent purchase you made that you regret and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

L'Oreal really treats its potential interns like royalty. The effort that is put into the Taste of L'Oreal weekend event truly proves how much L'Oreal values their interns and how passionate and welcoming the L'Oreal team is. The Taste of L'Oreal event is a great learning experience even if an internship is not offered.

Interview Questions

• The 7 Hour Case study was intimidating. However, I did have a significant amount of fun during the process and really bonded with the other candidates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I went through Taste of L'Oréal process. I had a phone interview and then following the interview I was invited to a weekend in New York and then offered the internship. During the weekend we had to present case studies.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioural questions about difficult siutations you may have faced.
      Asked questions about products. I was given a mascara - Lancome i believe, and asked how i could market this product to a younger demographic.
      1 Answer