L'Oréal Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.3

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online and then received an interview for a few weeks later. There were two rounds of interviews. The interview for this particular job was a basic 1:1 interview and not too difficult.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Luckily I skipped the initial CV hand-in and telephone interview and went straight to assessment centre after my university held a L'Oréal Lock-in practice assessment centre and I was fast-tracked. The process was still quite long and they took their time getting back to me. However they do give feedback which is very useful.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled in application form online, completed a situational assessment and numerical reasoning test, and then was invited to telephone interview. The application form required to you answer some questions based on competency and complete a covering letter. The telephone interview was about 20 mins long but the woman on the phone rang 10 mins late and did not seem interested in what I was saying. Rushed through the questions and seemed very disinterested, which came across rude as I had spent time preparing for the interview etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of beauty?
      What sort of culture do you like to work in?
      What do you know about L'Oreal?
      What do you know about the job role?
      Answer Question

Graduate Commercial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I had to submit my CV and a covering letter which included why I thought I fit the role, my motivation for applying to L'Oreal and past work experience.
    I was then invited to sit a situational judgement test & a numerical test.
    Failed the numerical test as was very time constrained and difficult - but the situational judgement was fine.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview to start and filter out right candidates which I passed. This was followed by a first interview which was quite laid back and then followed by second interview two weeks later. This was more intense and was more of a test to see how you would handle the pressure. Then I did a presentation to a team which I thought went well and finally one more interview with a director.

Interview Questions

• What ideas would you have for the brands development moving forward?   Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled in the application online, after which I completed online numerical, linguistic and cultural tests and then proceeded to the phone interview stage. The phone interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 20 minute phone interview. Then invited to an assessment centre with a group task, numerical test, case study presentation and a one on one interview.

The phone interview was mainly competency questions based on their visions and values. The assessment centre was very formal but everyone made me feel at ease. The tasks were well explained, but the formality of the HQ can be quite intimidating.

An offer was made around a week after the assessment centre, and a training day followed about 6 weeks later, again int he London HQ.

I found the experience very helpful regardless of the job offer; I hope the practice will hold me in good stead for future applications.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have taken charge of a situation.   Answer Question

Interview

I made an application and a few weeks later I was asked to do a telephone interview by the Director of Talent Acquisition. After being contacted by the director to ask for an interview I proceeded to arrange a time that worked for both of us. After 3 emails I still not had any response about an appropriate time and a week or so ago I saw the role advertised again and a few days afterwards I received an email asking me for feedback on the interview process! Candidate management for a brand like this was not great!

Learning Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview - competency and motivational questions. The lady who interviewed me was late for the telephone interview by quite some time to which I had to rearrange. Completely understandable though as i know meetings can over run. Only problem I have is that I had the interview on the Friday and was told I would hear back on the Monday... I never heard back. Whilst I understand it isn't a priority for hiring managers, it appears rude and can give off a poor image of the company. Quite common for large organisations as they can get away with it.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online through their website. A week later, I received a telephone interview. They explained to me what the interview was going to be like and confirmed my details. Then I was asked questions about the company and competency questions relating to my previous experience. They finished by asking if I had any questions for them.