L&T Infotech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

They are not able to plan their interview process, lots of waiting , Morning 8.30 i reached the interview venue but up to 5 pm i was waiting for first round. after 5.30 i got call for interview, interviewer asked all unrelated questions that i could not answer. even i was well prepared.

no lunch, nothing

Interview Questions

• how do you stop page request to server without using cache and session   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college.The entire process took the whole day first was aptitude and then there was group discussion and then pararagraph writing which wasnt an elimination round then there was technical interview and then hr interview

Interview Questions

• They asked codes of binary search...file handling..applet...dml..ddl dcl etc   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Mumbai (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

3 Rounds
    1st Technical round about networking and security
    2nd Management Round - Included projects i worked on and how would be the process and what needs to be done in Critical situations
    3rd HR Round - Salary negotiations and other facilities like Home Pick & Drop ... Accommodation etc.

Interview Questions

• Everything About Routing, Switching & Security
      Process Flow Questions
      Salary and other facilities negotiations
      Answer Question

Cloud Infrastructure Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Made me wait for 90 mins, Interviewer was Head of IMS, didnt even apologize for the delay. He knew nothing about cloud, felt cloud and virtualization are different aspects, When I told him u need a tool to analyse a current infrastructure, and get to a consolidation ratio, He asked I dont have budget for tool, just want to do it without tool..... Another disaster. Later he interrupted me in between (within 5-7 mins). Asked me to leave. I have 100 times tougher interviews for almost 2 hours per session with CSC, Capgemini, Mphasis, EMC, cleared them all, But this was the most bitter and unforgetful experience I ever had, When I checked his linked in profile, it says, Highly quilified as first 2 words, I now know why L&T infotech is least preferred to work for.

in short, would like to say :A civil engineer was asked to come for interview, instead of asking questions on how to construct, he was asked what will you do to get buyers for the constructed house"

Strange part here is, even before the first interview you are asked to submit all the docs, as if you have the offer.

Interview Questions

• Suppose I have 4x4 core server and want to put slices on it, how will you do it? (most hilarious), As if I am a fruit vendor. (later he clarified slices as VMs) he only know what a VM is in cloud.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer/Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Chennai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

I have applied for ETL testing and all the questions are from ETL testing only then some questions on management process and some questions on QA process. Two rounds of interview was there. First round for complete technical and second round for managerial round. Then 3rd round for HR and package discussion

Interview Questions

• I have applied for ETL testing and all the questions are from ETL testing only then some questions on management process and some questions on QA process   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is fine

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Whole day process . 3 round including HR . Its a walk in interview They says complete process will be done today only But after waiting for more than half day my turns come and it was telephonic with the panel in one room for first round . After that if you selected HR will discussed with you again over phone and ask basic personal details and ask to give all document and said Second round will be done video conference after 2 days with manager.
    I completed all round including managerial but did not get any update after that.

Interview Questions

• OBIEE basic interview questions and advanced question Like how to migrate rpd changes without using Administrator tool   1 Answer
    • OBIEE variables and type , usage , what is request variable.   Answer Question
    • How to make report wing column from non confirm dimension and 2 fact table in OBIEE   1 Answer

ETL Testing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Infotech in February 2017.

Interview

I got email communication about the interview just a day before in the evening. It was scheduled at 9:30 am at the Shivajinagar office in Pune.

I reported to the location before time hoping to get around the rounds swiftly. There were 10-12 other people who had turned up for the same. While I waited patiently for quite some time to undergo my first round of technical interview, almost every other person was done with their first round; some even second. Gauging something wrong, I checked with the event volunteers. They realized that my resume was inadvertently put at a different place. I was told that I would be the next interviewee.

This first technical round finally took place at 1:15 pm, approximately 3 hours after I checked in to the interview location. It was a telephonic round and the results were positive.

I got the call for the next round at 3:30 pm wherein there were 3 members in the panel for the face to face interview. It started with one of the panel asking me to sell myself for the next 5 minutes. Though it was a question not related to my profile, I went ahead and told them about the skills and experience that I had which I can use for the contribution to the company's growth and mine. Unsatisfied, the interviewer told me that I had just described myself and not contributed anything that would persuade him to buy me.

Anyways, the interview then started with the same person asking me about the tools I had mentioned in my resume. Out of all the tools that I had mentioned in my resume, the interviewer asked me about all the stuffs related to the tools that I had least exposure/no exposure to. When I pointed out the fact that I did not have in depth exposure to that tool, he moved on to another such tool that I hadn't worked much on. This continued for quite some time. The interviewer frequently kept on interrupting my answers. There were hardly any questions related to profile for which I was called for- ETL, DW, SQL, testing. It felt very rude.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 mins with you. Sell yourself.   Answer Question
    • Create a performance testing model that we would use to test the load of 100 users on a web application.   Answer Question
    • Functions and methods in the UFT.   Answer Question
    • Difference between local and shared repository in the UFT.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Teradata and other RDBMS's.   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on MLOAD.   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on big data testing.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between UAT & SIT.   Answer Question
    • What will be the output for the following SQL:
      select A.A from
              (select 1A, 2B) A
      join (select 1A, 2A) B
      on A.A = B.B
      Answer Question
    • Explain the performance testing activity that I was involved into.   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to leave your current organization.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Pune (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Very thorough! First round call, 2nd round call, team interview, technical test, 4th round call, reference checks.The entire process had great communication and was probably the most interesting interview I've ever been on. A lot of the questions were more geared to gauge team fit and then many were focused on setting really good expectations on the role. It was a detailed interview, but I appreciated the amount of time…

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Mumbai (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

There were two Technical Interviews and one of the technical round was telephonic and other face to face round and the last round was HR Round. Both Technical round was on SQL and Microstrategy.

Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview started with Aptitude test and in no time started with GD round,followed By paragraph writing(non-elimination round) then Technical round and at last HR round.
    Aptitude was on sectional cut-off followed by GD round. Paragraph writing was non-elimination round. After 20 minutes,technical discussion in your interested technology and at last HR round was just a formality. I cleared all rounds and got offer letter on same day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SAP,HANA,ERP etc. ?   1 Answer