L&T Infotech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L&T Infotech Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Senior Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical then HR - As more of dealing is on staff augmentation questions will be with the specific requirement. The offer goes as conditional based on the specific customer requirement.

Systems Engineer - Informatica Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Interview

Process - Got a mail from job site and interview scheduled on same weekend.

Position - Informatica Professionals

Interview Details -
    Possibly, the worst managed of interviews. Slot given was for 9:30 AM and interview took place at 3:00 PM!
    As the interview location was Chennai & job location was Mumbai, it was a telephonic interview.
    The interviewer was seemingly irritated by the whole process.

Questions -
    Most basic questions were asked! No scenarios, no complex transformations!
    I will list out a few here -

1. Dimension types, Fact types
    2. Explain SCD-2
    3. Features of Data warehousing
    4. New updates in Informatica 9.x
    5. Which transformation can act as both active & passive besides lookup (sorter)
    6. Joiner and Union differences
    7. Working of Dynamic lookup cache

Job role was not explained and the whole interview was over in about 20 mins.
    It was surprising that they did not ask about current project.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic and no real life scenario was asked.   Answer Question

Microstrategy Senior Developer & Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L&T Infotech (Warren, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call from Consultancy who arranged for an interview. First they conducted a telephonic technical interview which I cleared. Then there was a face to face with HR and BI head. The HR people took almost eternity to respond. Finally what they offered me was way below what I had quoted. In fact, around 25-30 % lower than my expectations. I rejected the offer. Very bad HR, no transparency. I would not recommend anyone and would never ever join this kind of company.

Interview Questions

• Technical round had some decent questions about the tool & Face to face interview was a decent experience with mix of questions. Some about tool and few like why our company and so on..   Answer Question

Interview

Aptitude test followed by a group discussion and 2 interviews- Technical and HR
    Aptitude test was of average difficulty
    Simple questions on C++ and JAVA. Some SQL questions.
    Basic HR questions. Why this company? Location preferences.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Interview

It took 2 weeks for L&T to get back to the application. Once contacted, the technical interview was scheduled within a week. The HR was very responsive and answered all questions.
    The technical interview was medium difficulty. Lot of UNIX questions since the position needed heavy UNIX experience. Job description did not mention shell scripting but I think they felt that it was covered when they mentioned heavy UNIX. Couple of very easy SQL questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Interview

knowledge on mainframe was tested and was asked questions about my prior experience with Infosys. First a Group discussion was held and after that an one-to-one discussion happened where I was I was asked about my interest to travel onsite and also about my experience as program analyst trainee in Infosys.

Negotiation

no because i was a fresher

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L&T Infotech in January 2015.

Interview

The scheduled interview call never happened. The interview was scheduled for 9 AM IST (Indian Standard Time), which is 9:30 PM Central Standard time since I am based in Texas. After not getting any call till 10 pm, I called the recruiter who arranged the interview and asked her what went wrong. She told me she will reschedule the interview for later date and email me about it. But its been over a month now, I haven't received any reply to my emails nor is she answering any of my calls. This is highly unprofessional behavior. If the position is canceled or filled it is the recruiters responsibility to let candidates know about it. One line email will suffice. This is classic example of third world unprofessional behavior!

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Multi - layer interview till up to CE level at times. Questions around what has been the experience, credentials. Also, domain knowledge specific to area of expertise. HR interview can be 2 rounds.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Online Aptitude Test: Candidates are grouped into batches & sent to the computer labs for a 60 minute aptitude test. Time really flies here so take care. Questions are relatively easy.

2. Group Discussion: Again, grouped into batches of 10-15 & easy contemporary topics are given. Speak clearly, don't get aggressive & provide good points. You'll be through.

3. Paragraph Writing: Non-elimination as stated by others. But crucial for the next two rounds. This actually helped me get through a mediocre technical round.

4. Technical Interview: Patience plays a major role. They are bound to ask you questions you don't know the answers to, then insult you if you don't answer them. Stay calm. They're testing your patience. Don't keep your mouth shut though, try to answer something.

5. HR Interview: This seems like a harmless round but they're analyzing you deeply with trick questions. Take care what you answer. Communicate well & keep your cool. You'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer Mumbai or Chennai?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not yet done.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are 5 rounds.
    Group discussion, writing skills, technical interview, HR interview and Aptitude test.

Once you clear the aptitude test, You head to the GD round where in a topic is given and you need tp confident and speak.

Once that is over, writing skills are tested. Easy industry related topic is asked to be written.

Technical Round is the most difficult if your concepts are not clear. Any undergraduate subject is picked and asked to be explained including with projects which were done.

HR Round was easy but technical questions were also asked. More of Strength and weakness pertaining and how do you improve them.

Lastly, perseverance and confidence would get you through

Interview Questions

Opted for pursuing Masters.