L3 Technologies Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Nailed me on my course grades, GPA, and not much about any relevant Electrical Engineering. Interview was more discouraging and offensive than objective. hone screen. L3 employee who would only give her first name asked non-technical questions. I am semi-retired but determined recently I should go back to work because I don't have quite enough in savings to ensure secure retirement. The work involves programming with C# which I have done since 2002. I live less than 2 miles from work site.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L3 Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

Interviewed in a group setting with ten other applicants in front of the director of engineering. Afterwards, individually rotated around different departments heads. Then met back up in the conference room for additional questions. One week later received job offer via phone call.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

The process involved me traveling to Greenville, Texas. All expenses were covered by L-3 Communications. The process involved me meeting several different managers and people that I would be working with throughout the summer. Once i met them they took me on a tour of the facilities.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and the process took about a month. The interview consisted of several one on one and a panel with two interviewers. With all interviews they went over my resume and asked a few personality questions. I was told what they were expecting with this position. A few weeks later, I was given a phone call letting me know that they were not interested.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Was invited for interview next day at campus recruiting center. Was offered an on-site interview several days later. Had a full day of interviews but also included tour, demo of job duties, and tour.

Interview Questions

• Asked about difficulties when working in interdisciplinary engineering groups.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Got called by HR and asked to fly down for the interview. No HR or phone interview, just straight to the person-to-person. Interview was easy. Basic questions about CAD, aircraft knowledge, and some personality type questions. All 1-on-1 with various people. Then I took a tour with what would be a peer and talked with them. During negotiation you have room to name your salary, but at the end the department recommends the salary you will get so there is no real negotiation. Only the illusion of negotiation. For my salary we all agreed and shook hands on the amount I wanted and then the hard offer was $4k less. The hiring manager said HR did that, and HR said they were only doing what the hiring manager and department said to offer. (Found out later HR was telling the truth). Let's just say that was an indicator of things to come while being employed at L-3.

Interview Questions

• If I give you back a drawing covered in red ink how will you take it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager, and two principal electrical engineer. Just asked me to go over my resume and tell me about my self. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• there were none at the time, but later they started adding questions on digital and analog circuits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered 60k out of school asked for 5k more. got it

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in January 2011.

Interview

The interview is not that bad. I only had one (1 hour) interview before I got the internship. They go over the company and they expect you to know a little bit about them. Then, they wanted to know which projects I had work on and I had to describe challenges, accomplishments, and outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Go over an RC circuits, and switching regulators. What is FPGA?   Answer Question