L3 Technologies Electrical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L3 Technologies Electrical Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at L3 Technologies

2.3

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Was invited for interview next day at campus recruiting center. Was offered an on-site interview several days later. Had a full day of interviews but also included tour, demo of job duties, and tour.

Interview Questions

• Asked about difficulties when working in interdisciplinary engineering groups.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L3 Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

Interviewed in a group setting with ten other applicants in front of the director of engineering. Afterwards, individually rotated around different departments heads. Then met back up in the conference room for additional questions. One week later received job offer via phone call.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and the process took about a month. The interview consisted of several one on one and a panel with two interviewers. With all interviews they went over my resume and asked a few personality questions. I was told what they were expecting with this position. A few weeks later, I was given a phone call letting me know that they were not interested.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager, and two principal electrical engineer. Just asked me to go over my resume and tell me about my self. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• there were none at the time, but later they started adding questions on digital and analog circuits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered 60k out of school asked for 5k more. got it

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Got called by HR and asked to fly down for the interview. No HR or phone interview, just straight to the person-to-person. Interview was easy. Basic questions about CAD, aircraft knowledge, and some personality type questions. All 1-on-1 with various people. Then I took a tour with what would be a peer and talked with them. During negotiation you have room to name your salary, but at the end the department recommends the salary you will get so there is no real negotiation. Only the illusion of negotiation. For my salary we all agreed and shook hands on the amount I wanted and then the hard offer was $4k less. The hiring manager said HR did that, and HR said they were only doing what the hiring manager and department said to offer. (Found out later HR was telling the truth). Let's just say that was an indicator of things to come while being employed at L-3.

Interview Questions

• If I give you back a drawing covered in red ink how will you take it?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

The process involved me traveling to Greenville, Texas. All expenses were covered by L-3 Communications. The process involved me meeting several different managers and people that I would be working with throughout the summer. Once i met them they took me on a tour of the facilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Sylmar, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a month later to set up an in-person interview. Upon arrival, I was interviewed by 4 people separately, one HR, one Engineering Manager, and 2 Engineers. The interviews were 30-45 minutes each that consisted of behavioral questions and questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with digital design, analog design, and power systems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Given a brief 10-15 minute phone interview that only asked normal conversation questions. Asked to come for a series of onsite interviews (1 on 1) which lasted from 9:00AM-3:00PM. Spent 45 minutes with each interviewer (each a rep from various teams). Schedule: 2 interviews followed with a CAD tutorial/review, lunch and onsite tour, then 3 more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Was told to pick any circuit I wanted and explain it in detail.   1 Answer
    • Current is coming out of the page (whiteboard) which direction is the Electric field and Magnetic field going.   1 Answer
    • Turn a mechanical relay switch into an AND gate given a source signal and a ground signal.   1 Answer
    • Asked me to explain almost anything I had on my resume and where I used skills/programs I listed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate the offer. It was very generous. $68100 annually, $5000 signing bonus, $2500 relocation bonus even though I already live 40 minutes from the location.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

After applying in-person at my University's job fair, I submitted a separate application online to ensure my resume was placed in the system. 2 weeks later, I received a vague email from an internal HR employee asking for my Resume and my Offical Transcript in order to be considered for a position.
    After sending these documents in, I scheduled an interview, but the HR representative did not call on time. After calling every few days for a week, I finally did receive a call from HR. The representative was not very knowledgeable of the constraints placed on Engineering student as far as time and travel during the semester.

I had to turn down an offer to interview in Greenville because I couldn't miss a test. Since they had no flexibility on dates whatsoever, the representative informed me that I'll be on a list to be interviewed in the spring.
    I will update this review pending the supposed interview.