L3 Technologies Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

As for the interview process, there were some technical questions and some logistics. I would recommend brushing up your engineering knowledge (circuit design, bode plot etc) before coming in for an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L3 Technologies

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

A phone interview which went very well. The interviewer wanted to have a face to face interview. Never heard from them after 4-5 weeks. I tried to follow up with the company but never received any responses from HR. I found the experience was very unprofessional.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Took over a month after submitting application to have HR reach out to me. Once I arrived for my in person interview all but one of the 5 hiring managers were late. Once they arrived they seemed like it was a task to even be doing interviews. After the interview it took two weeks to hear from HR in an automated email that they had chosen another candidate. I wasn't very impressed with there staffs professionalalism

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer told me about the position and then asked me questions about myself. After we had talked for about 20 minutes, I was taken on a tour of the facilities and then shown out. The whole process was about 25 or 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• After explaining the responsibilities, he asked if I thought that I could do the job.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Employee requisitions do not always do a good job of defining what is being looked for in a candidate because most of the page is L3 "waving their flag" rather than describing the job requirements.
    It can take weeks to review candidates, HR does not do a great job down selecting and aligning to the job need. Expect to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. If that goes well, an on site interview is likely with multiple mangers, and would be co-workers + a facility tour. Do some homework - know what they make, look up the person on LinkedIn, be sure you ask about expectations and the working environment.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are generally easy to answer. Discuss your experiences or past work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In order to know what to ask for you need to know what the job expectations are. If they ask you up front I recommend giving them a salary range rather than a specific number. Salaries are aligned with job grade - it is better to be in the lower part of a job grade salary range than near the top so you don't get maxed out.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

I believe they received my resume through a resume collection at school. I was asked to set up a phone interview, I accepted and it took approximately 1 hour. A few weeks later I received an email saying that I will be hearing from HR regarding an offer for a summer internship soon. I received a call with an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions and very few questions about past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was very good so I accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Northampton, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with HR staff members, hiring manager and several other Engineers.
    All interviewers went through my resume, asking for details, specifics and clarifications. They discussed technical aspects of the job and tested my knowledge on resume claims and job requirements. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating - more like take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

I felt like L-3 Communications was a wonderful place to work at. I walked in and everyone I saw had a smile on their face while working hard. The interviewers were busy but made time and they did a great job. I feel like L-3 is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• "If I were to ask your current employer what your two greatest weaknesses are, what would they say?" followed by " and what would they say your two greatest strengths are?"   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with someone on your team that was not being a team player?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted their offer because it was right where I needed it to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Terrible work enviornment. Its like a warehouse! No receiptionist. You had to walk in to the office and yell. Hot and humid in the office. There's not even a table where the room where I had the interview. The people interviewed me were nice but unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Very dissapiont with the work evironment and the company in general.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Although I did not receive an offer, the Engineering staff was very courteous and professional. The process consisted of a phone interview and a site visit. I talked to 6 Engineering Managers during the interview. The recruiter contacted me within 3 days with the interview results.