L3 Technologies Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L3 Technologies Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and got a phone call from the recruiter about 2 weeks later. It was a phone interview and was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions regarding project management but that was it. Had a second interview with the finance manager, again very causal but she really wanted to know my comfort level with excel and capital budgeting. The final interview was an in-person interview that consisted of 5 different people. This is where things get strange. The recruiter, the CFO, and my potential manager were all super professional, friendly, and asked good questions. Two other individuals were not, the one gentlemen was very aggressive and rude. The other woman sounded like she was having a bad day because she was just hostile. Making condescending remarks when I gave answers. At the end of the interview, the recruiter even asked me what I thought of the gentlemen. She said, "Yeah, he has a reputation around the office for being short tempered." Well talk about a red flag if there ever was one. It was a shame because I like my potential boss, but I was so worried about the environment I was going into I couldn't take their offer. Especially, when I had another offer from somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• What are the revenue recognition methods for projects?   1 Answer
  • How comfortable are you with Excel?   Answer Question
  • They asked some accounting questions related to assets and liabilities.   Answer Question
  • They even asked questions regarding transportation of goods and how you recognize certain cost.   Answer Question
  • Explain the project development process.   Answer Question
  • Be familiar with revenue recognition methods.   Answer Question

The end of my interview just really concerned me because I didn't want to work directly with a man who had a reputation in the office. My boss was fine, the salary and benefits offer was great but that man and how he was in the interview scared the crap out of me.

Other Interview Reviews for L3 Technologies

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in May 2015.

Interview

Process was very straight forward and well organized. Was provided an agenda for the day and directions to the facility. HR personal were very friendly and helpful. Question session was broken in to three parts with each focused on different aspects

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for entering the defense industry?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone interview. I spoke with the finance manager who asked me about my experience and why I was looking for another position. It was somewhat informal and the finance manager was easy to talk to. Following the phone interview, I was interviewed in person by the manager and it went well. Very similar questions to the phone interview with questions about past experience and how it might relate to the new position.