L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Anaheim, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was short about 7 to 10 minutes and was mostly behavioral. I was informed the position was for an Internship and depending on how well I did on the job I would be promoted to Full time. Right after, I was informed about scheduling a 30-minute in-person Interview in Anaheim. My 30-minutes interview lasted up to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions such if I knew the difference between a function scope, block scope, and file scope.   1 Answer
    • A lot on my resume. See if I really did work on these projects.   Answer Question
    • Questions that basically they want me to know how I think when coding or building a project. Asked me to make a block diagram of my code.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

A phone interview with the company recruiter and then the hiring manager. After two weeks or so, an on-site interview was scheduled with all the department managers. Most of the questions were around my experience and what kind of work I wanted to do. Only couple questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the process of designing a system from customer’s requirement?   Answer Question
    • If there is conflict between two team members on design approaches, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

The initial phone screening was a basic "get to know you" interview with questions referring to the job posting requirements and resume details. The interviewer was very polite and seemed interested with my answers and was open to ask follow up questions. Even when I stumbled a bit on really easy questions the interviewer did not dismiss me and was kind enough to help clarify my answer.

Interview Questions

• In regards to Object-Oriented Programming, what is the difference between a Class and an Object?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Put an application in, the next day I get called for an interview. They flew me out, rented my hotel and rental car. It was a job fair, sat down with a manager and he asked the basic interview questions then offered me a position. Very easy

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Arlington, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied in late Feb 2018. Got a callback a few weeks later to set a phone interview. Phone interview was mostly technical but some behavioral questions were asked.

After that, I got invited to an in-person interview at the link facility in Arlington in early April. I started the interview talking to HR about the benefits. Very helpful conversation.

Then I interviewed in front of a panel of 3 engineers which all asked me various questions. Each engineer was from a different team or on a different project. Some questions flowed logically, but sometimes the questions seemed random (Switching from programming concepts to Linux concepts).

At the end I was given the last few minutes to teach anything I wanted to the 3 of them. I am still awaiting the results of the interview. I am putting "no offer" for now.

Interview Questions

• Phone: Describe some data structures. Pick any two and tell me when you would use one over the other   Answer Question
    • Phone: Tell me how you would search a list for duplicates and return a list of unique items. (If you give an inefficient answer they will ask you for other options. If you pick the best algorithm first, they'll still ask you about other ways)   Answer Question
    • In Person: Gave me a worksheet of code to look at. The task was to either find what was wrong with the code or to say what the code would print out.   Answer Question

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Plano, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was rather slow; hang in there. Once I had the on-site interview, the process sped up quite a bit. They are hiring a lot of people to handle recent growth.

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy in an individual contributor role after being a manager for the past 15+ years?   1 Answer
    • They were looking to see if my personality would fit with the current org and culture during the interview.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

At least 2 interviews: 1 with HR and 1 with member of the team you will be working with. The first one can be conducted at their location or via teleconference.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Started off by getting in contact with recruiters at career fair. Set up an on campus interview a couple weeks later which lead to a visit at L3. At the facilities in Greenville I was given a tour and had three interviews with different engineering managers in one of there departments.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when a group member didn't behave as they should?   Answer Question

Sustainment Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in February 2018.

Interview

It was the first interview immediately after a university job fair. There will be a second interview if you make it past this stage. Apparently it is a very lengthy process but they fly you out to their location and provide what you need.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Arlington, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I was expecting to be sweating nervously in a room with several hiring managers staring me down and grilling me with difficult to answer questions. Turns out they were quite amiable, and overall I had a good time during the interview process. Oddly, they did not ask the usual questions such as, "Tell me a bit about yourself", "Why do you think you should work here," or "Where do you see yourself in five years?" No instead, it was more like a conversation where we were getting to know each other like a meet and greet. There were a few questions asked, but they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few questions about the C++ language. I suspect when answering them, they expect a more detailed answer than pointing out where things go wrong. They want to know why it will go wrong, or what will happen.   Answer Question
    • There were also a few behavioral questions asked. It seems like they are trying to determine if you are a good fit for the work enviorment.   Answer Question