L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L3 Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.6

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Started off by getting in contact with recruiters at career fair. Set up an on campus interview a couple weeks later which lead to a visit at L3. At the facilities in Greenville I was given a tour and had three interviews with different engineering managers in one of there departments.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when a group member didn't behave as they should?   Answer Question

Sustainment Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in February 2018.

Interview

It was the first interview immediately after a university job fair. There will be a second interview if you make it past this stage. Apparently it is a very lengthy process but they fly you out to their location and provide what you need.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Arlington, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I was expecting to be sweating nervously in a room with several hiring managers staring me down and grilling me with difficult to answer questions. Turns out they were quite amiable, and overall I had a good time during the interview process. Oddly, they did not ask the usual questions such as, "Tell me a bit about yourself", "Why do you think you should work here," or "Where do you see yourself in five years?" No instead, it was more like a conversation where we were getting to know each other like a meet and greet. There were a few questions asked, but they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few questions about the C++ language. I suspect when answering them, they expect a more detailed answer than pointing out where things go wrong. They want to know why it will go wrong, or what will happen.   Answer Question
    • There were also a few behavioral questions asked. It seems like they are trying to determine if you are a good fit for the work enviorment.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Pensacola, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Once my application accepted my interview was scheduled within 2 weeks. IT was at the job location on a Naval Base and I needed a pass to get on base. The Company needed submitted to request to sponsor me, so I ended up being late for the interview. There were 4 members that boarded my interview. By the time interview began I was frustrated, and the members of the board could see that. Each member took their time and asked my 3 or 4 questions each and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about he T-45 program?   1 Answer
    • Would you being willing to travel?   1 Answer
    • Would you mind working weekends? 2nd or 3rd Shift?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Raleigh, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website as I received information from a friend that the position will be coming available. A few days later the HR representative gave me a call to complete the screening process. Approximately 3 days later I was scheduled for a telephone interview with a 3 member panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why did I apply for this particular job.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then set up in person interview. Conceptual questions in phone interview and coding/problem solving questions in person interview. They asked a total of 5 questions. 3 of them were coding related and 2 of them were problem solving.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming? What are some coding conventions that exist?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Woburn, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter over the phone who asked about my work history and experience. He then setup a phone call with the hiring manager. Was brought in for an in-person interview where I met the recruiter and hiring manager. Was asked about prior experience and explained that they are very busy at the time and are looking to hire several positions.

Interview Questions

• Since they are currently short-staffed and have some big projects coming up, am I ok with working long hours?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

As for the interview process, there were some technical questions and some logistics. I would recommend brushing up your engineering knowledge (circuit design, bode plot etc) before coming in for an interview.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Brief phone screening, behavioral questions. On-site interview took 3 hours. Was engaging and informative. Nice people, interesting work. Went through HR, then security clearance, 3 SW employees, finally VP of engineering and SW head. The got a tour of facility.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiting agent at a career fair and handed her my resume to get the process started. They contacted me for a phone interview later. The phone interview was very standard asking me about my past experience and whether I was a fit for a top-secret clearance.

I was then asked to interview in person at their offices in Carlsbad. It was a 2 hour panel with 4 different groups. First I interviewed with a security officer asking me standard questions to verify I was eligible for clearance. I was then interviewed by 3 engineers asking me standard OOP questions since they work primarily in Java and C#, the questions were simple and required nothing but high level conceptual knowledge of object-oriented programming. The next panel was with the chief of engineering and the VP, this felt mainly like a formality but they were definitely trying to gauge whether I was a personality match. Finally I spoke with someone from HR asking me the business questions concerning salary, benefits etc..

I will say that I declined. It wasn't for me as it felt very "suit and tie" and as though everyone was very close-minded. The atmosphere almost felt oppressed, as though everyone had something to hide. Although that's probably just me over-thinking the top-secret clearance.

Interview Questions

• Explain Inheritance from an OO perspective   Answer Question
    • Can you implement multiple Interfaces? Abstract Classes?   Answer Question
    • How would you use an interface to implement a system that is heavily reusable with a UI and a serial connection to a physical device with specifications on how to interact with it? (High level overview)   Answer Question