L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at L3 Technologies

2.6

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter. She discussed the job requirements and responsibilities and had me fill out an online application. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This covered both the company history and information and then worked into my skill set and background. He then decided to bring me in for an in person interview. This interview was in a conference room with his boss and several other engineers present. This was not very long and covered most of my background and applicable skill set.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about all my past jobs on my resume and the one job gap.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Dent, OH) in July 2019.

Interview

Before any phone interview they contact you via email, and they ask for every single transcript before giving you the interview. In my case I didn't hear back from them even after giving them all they ask for, not even an email telling me that i was not qualified.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

The process was extremely easy. Got an email to set an interview time and the location was easy to find. Staff was extremely kind and accommodating. The interview was conducted by three engineers and was in a relaxed manner. Print out a resume before attending. Understand what the company does.

Great Process Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Quick and easy. Everyone was on time and prepared. Knew what they were looking for.
    Decision was made quickly. Top people conducted the interview. Very professional

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Start off watching a safety video while your badge gets prepared. Then interview with 4-5 people with lunch provided in the cafeteria. You get taken into the shops where they are working on equipment.

Avionics Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Stratford, CT) in April 2019.

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager a few days after I submitted my application online. He just asked what my experiences are related to the job and he explained what their team does. Very quick conversation that lasted about 15 mins. He invited me to interview in person if I was serious about the job.
    Two days later, HR called me to setup the in person interview. They paid for 1 roundtrip ticket, 1 night hotel stay and 2 day car rental. In person interview lasted about 4 hours. Got to meet the different people in the team, and had lunch with the hiring manager and another engineer at their cafeteria. The interview is just them asking about the stuff on my resume and some behavioral questions. Just them seeing where my background can highly contribute to.
    Ended the in person interview with the HR, who has been very helpful since the beginning.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Interview

Scheduled an On-site interview with a panel of managers. The requirement for the interview was to prepare a 20 minute presentation. Took a day off work for this interview. On the morning of the day of the interview, the recruiter contacted me asking to re-schedule the on-site visit to a phone interview due to many people on the panel being out sick. Ok, agreed to a phone interview instead. At the time for a scheduled call- no call! No call whatsoever. I emailed the recruiter- no answer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

A half hour phone interview where you're asked some technical questions followed by some questions to get to know you. If you make it to the next round you get interviewed onsite and are thrown some whiteboard problems.

Interview Questions

• One ball in a set of six is heavier than the others. Given a scale that tilts towards the heavier side what is the least number of steps to discover the odd ball out?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

I spoke with L3 representatives at my university's career fair, and received an email about a week later asking for my unofficial transcript. I was then invited to what they call a "blitz day" with a tour of the facility. The night before, they provided us with a steak dinner and had people that currently work there answer any questions that we had. On the day of the interview, there were 13 other people of various backgrounds, majors, and positions. Only 3 of us were computer science. They provided breakfast (pigs in the blanket, fruit, juice, etc) while HR gave a presentation of what the company does and the benefits we would be receiving as Co-ops or salary employees. I was impressed because Co-ops get the same benefits as salary (paid time off, insurance, 401k).

After the breakfast, we had 2 back-to-back interviews each of which lasted 30 minutes. Everything was planned out and professional. There were tables in which your interviewer(s) would meet you at. The interviews were quite relaxed and more a conversation about your resume, however if you have any technical skills listed they will dig deep and ask some technical questions about that. I had no "tell me a time when" type of questions. My first interview was 1 person, and my second was 2 people. Each interview is with a hiring manager from different projects they work on.

After the first 2 interviews, they served us lunch (lasagna and salad), and we were able to ask a current employee some more questions. Afterwards, we went on an amazing tour of the facility where they showed us some (unclassified) projects that they are working on. The tour was organized, informative, and absolutely amazing. This is definitely a large company.

After the tour, we had one final 30 minute interview. Finally, HR gave some closing remarks.

Overall this was an amazing experience. If their intent was to sell the company to me, they did it well. They made it clear that we were all there because they wanted us to work for them. I got the impression that the interviews was just to confirm what we know and confirm we would fit in with their groups.

I heard back from HR 1 1/2 weeks later with an offer.

EE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

There was an 8 hour event with a group of people applying for various jobs. In total, there were there interviews(two group, one single). Most time was spent touring the plant. Food was provided and we eat with employees(that weren't involved in the hiring process). They were mostly interested in projects.