L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.6

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with ND then 2 nd phone interview with immediate Supervisor and primary program manager. 3rd interview was in person and included about 5 or 6 interdepartment team members.

Power Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter the next day. After a few weeks, I was told they would not be moving forward with my application. Then, I was told that they did want an interview after all. It was a semi-casual phone interview with two engineers. No personality questions, all technical.

Interview Questions

• Asked specific and detailed questions about the knowledge/experience I listed on my resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Anaheim, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was short about 7 to 10 minutes and was mostly behavioral. I was informed the position was for an Internship and depending on how well I did on the job I would be promoted to Full time. Right after, I was informed about scheduling a 30-minute in-person Interview in Anaheim. My 30-minutes interview lasted up to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions such if I knew the difference between a function scope, block scope, and file scope.   1 Answer
    • A lot on my resume. See if I really did work on these projects.   Answer Question
    • Questions that basically they want me to know how I think when coding or building a project. Asked me to make a block diagram of my code.   Answer Question

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through UT Austin's ECAC page for an on-campus interview. I was selected and scheduled for an interview 2 weeks later. I was interviewed by an L3 sustainment engineer.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult partner you had a group and tell how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

A phone interview with the company recruiter and then the hiring manager. After two weeks or so, an on-site interview was scheduled with all the department managers. Most of the questions were around my experience and what kind of work I wanted to do. Only couple questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the process of designing a system from customer’s requirement?   Answer Question
    • If there is conflict between two team members on design approaches, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

The initial phone screening was a basic "get to know you" interview with questions referring to the job posting requirements and resume details. The interviewer was very polite and seemed interested with my answers and was open to ask follow up questions. Even when I stumbled a bit on really easy questions the interviewer did not dismiss me and was kind enough to help clarify my answer.

Interview Questions

• In regards to Object-Oriented Programming, what is the difference between a Class and an Object?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Put an application in, the next day I get called for an interview. They flew me out, rented my hotel and rental car. It was a job fair, sat down with a manager and he asked the basic interview questions then offered me a position. Very easy

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Arlington, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied in late Feb 2018. Got a callback a few weeks later to set a phone interview. Phone interview was mostly technical but some behavioral questions were asked.

After that, I got invited to an in-person interview at the link facility in Arlington in early April. I started the interview talking to HR about the benefits. Very helpful conversation.

Then I interviewed in front of a panel of 3 engineers which all asked me various questions. Each engineer was from a different team or on a different project. Some questions flowed logically, but sometimes the questions seemed random (Switching from programming concepts to Linux concepts).

At the end I was given the last few minutes to teach anything I wanted to the 3 of them. I am still awaiting the results of the interview. I am putting "no offer" for now.

Interview Questions

• Phone: Describe some data structures. Pick any two and tell me when you would use one over the other   Answer Question
    • Phone: Tell me how you would search a list for duplicates and return a list of unique items. (If you give an inefficient answer they will ask you for other options. If you pick the best algorithm first, they'll still ask you about other ways)   Answer Question
    • In Person: Gave me a worksheet of code to look at. The task was to either find what was wrong with the code or to say what the code would print out.   Answer Question

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Plano, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was rather slow; hang in there. Once I had the on-site interview, the process sped up quite a bit. They are hiring a lot of people to handle recent growth.

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy in an individual contributor role after being a manager for the past 15+ years?   1 Answer
    • They were looking to see if my personality would fit with the current org and culture during the interview.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

At least 2 interviews: 1 with HR and 1 with member of the team you will be working with. The first one can be conducted at their location or via teleconference.