L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.6

324 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

There were two interview rounds. The first one was at the career fair at my university then the second round again at their office. Mostly behavioral questions and explaining my experiences listed on my resume. The interviewers were very friendly and the contacted me less than a week after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict while working in a group   Answer Question

Logistics Reliability Engineer II - 091251 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Arlington, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

This interview was a telephone interview conducted by three individuals. They were very interested in my experience as a reliability engineer while I was at a previous employer. I proceeded to tell explain to them my responsibilities performing reliability functions on flight simulation systems. I continued to the them my experience using Windchill Quality Solutions software, the standard for reliability calculations, in performing reliability, maintainability, Weibull and FRACAS analysis. They were also interested in my time spent as a technical training instructor and if that position required me to stand in front of a classroom and teach student and put together training material and presenting that material to the class.
    The interview then transitioned into whether or not I have written technical training manual for the operation and maintenance of flight simulation systems. Which I answered, "No, all training materials in my current job are handled by a sub-contractor."
    The asked me about my experience in provisioning and sparing parts. I told them that while I use reliability to identify parts that have low reliability rates, I am used to handing this information to a provisioning person who then, based upon my recommendations concurs/non-concurs with my recommendations.
    The interview then transitioned back to reliability where I was asked if I could perform the same level of calculations using Microsoft Excel instead of using Windchill software, because "buying Windchill just isn't going to happen."

I was asked if would be opposed to international travel. Which I answered, "Not really."
    Beware any reliability engineers. L-3 Link Simulation will NOT provide the necessary tools, such as Windchill or Reli-Soft, to perform the job. They expect you perform all the functions in Excel.

Also, they expect this position to be a Reliability Engineer, Technical Writer, Provisioning/Spares Specialist and International Travel Training Instructor.

Interview Questions

• Can you perform the same level of reliability function using Microsoft Excel instead of using Windchill software, because buying Windchill just isn't going to happen?   1 Answer

Logistics Reliability Engineer II - 091251 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

Interview

This interview was a telephone screen for the Logistics Reliability Engineer II position. L-3 Link Simulation and Training in Arlington, Texas. There were three people on the telephone asking questions.

The interview began with inquiries of my reliability experience while employed with another flight simulation company. There interesting in my experience in performing reliability prediction of flight simulation systems.
    They also asked what my experience in:
    1. Provisioning and spares.
    2. Technical manual writing
    3. Technical instruction

BEWARE any Reliability Engineer who applies to this position. L-3 will NOT provide you the essential reliability tools you need to effectively perform your job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with provisioning and spares?   1 Answer
    • I see you have experience as a technical training instructor, did you have podium time?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your experience as a reliability engineer and how you do reliability prediction.   1 Answer
    • Can you perform your reliability predictions using Microsoft Excel instead of Windchill? Because, buying Windchill just isn't going to happen.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I was brought to the recruiter's office and then the recruiter brought me to a big meeting room. It was me versus 5 software managers/directors interview. It was a mix of behavioral and they asked a lot of technical questions regarding embedded systems like what is volatile and technical questions off your resume along with puzzle questions. I had to write on the white board when explaining these questions. At the end, there was a 20 minute programming test based on embedded systems.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

I sat in front of a Panel of 5 engineers. They Took turns asking me about my pat experience and skill set. None of the questions were too difficult. It was a fairly relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a problem you encountered on a previous project. How did you over come it?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in August 2017.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter first, went well and she felt I was qualified, then setup local interview with 3 people, but I felt it went well until one person asked me what I felt was not a clear interview question.

Interview Questions

• how to change a automotive part but the question was very general and needed to be more specific to answer, I tried to understand what the interviewer wanted but he was not clear and the other person did not seem interested to be there, like he already knew they were not going to hire me, a waste of time.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 engineers. It was going to be 2 engineers but then they pulled a 3rd person from somewhere. It was a pretty relaxed/informal interview. After the interview they gave me a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about items in my resume. I would answer the questions and they would ask more questions about what I answered. These questions really test your understanding of the projects and how well you cope under pressure.   Answer Question

Senior Member Engineering Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Camden, NJ).

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 parts: HR, Security, and Technical. The security interview was very straightforward and intended to identify any issues that would negatively impact background checks. The HR interview was pleasant and engaging. They were extremely honest and forthcoming. The technical interview was difficult but very informative and ultimate what attracted me to the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prevent or address race-conditions in a real-time software system.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

A few hours of interviewing where I took turns interviewing with multiply people for about 30 minutes at a time or touring the facility. The last person I interviewed with made it very apparent that engineers at this facility are not the best and brightest since he told me that he had a 2.5 GPA in college.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a design that you worked on with a group and name some difficulties that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant(Management Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Rockaway, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called immediately after applying and an in person interview was setup. I went in for the second interview, a skill test and then nothing. I was told via email that either way they shall call and let me know the outcome ... but apparently that day never came . ( or was it a way for them to show that I was not selected). I would expect a company this big and prestigious company like this to atleast follow up on their emails.

Interview Questions

• about my previous jobs and if I knew excel   1 Answer