L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Mechanic Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Enid, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was misleading, didn't qualify after the interview was done, which was odd. When I applied I met all qualifications listed. Person doing the interview was very monotone and showed absolutely no expression. Made the point clear that "BS" and "intentional mistakes" didn't fly over his head. I would of hated to of worked for someone who didn't have a sense of humor AT ALL.

Quality Assuruanc Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Reston, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. The hiring manager didn't what type of person looking for the job. He had no idea the different between Quality Control/Quality Assurance/Quality Management. The person thought, i was rocket scientist. I have never see someone with very low competence during interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a color what color you would be. Never had a question like this in my life during interview process.   1 Answer

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

It was not easy to pass the professional interview and hiring process with the professional and well trained team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Give you a tour of the campus. Show you some of the projects they work on. Went over benefits. Interview with 4 different hiring managers at different divisions. Entire process last a day.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 engineers. It was going to be 2 engineers but then they pulled a 3rd person from somewhere. It was a pretty relaxed/informal interview. After the interview they gave me a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about items in my resume. I would answer the questions and they would ask more questions about what I answered. These questions really test your understanding of the projects and how well you cope under pressure.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Rolling Meadows, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Very direct with questions about integrety and repeat questions. The review process was good cop vs bad cop. I was very comfortable with the people and the tone of the questions

Interview Questions

• Do you cheat on your taxes   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Tulsa, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the software development manager contacted me. We set up a phone interview, in which several people told me about the work they are doing in the aerospace industry, and then they asked me some questions about me and my educational/work background. I was then called for an in-person interview in Tulsa. This lasted 2-3 hours: the manager told me some more about their projects, and then the interviewers asked about me more about my college coursework, and some questions about my experience working with a team. Then there were two technical activities they asked me to do (they left the room for 10 minutes for each). Finally, I was given a detailed tour of the whole facility.

The reason I rate the overall experience as negative is that they didn't give me any updates on the hiring process until I asked about two weeks later. In the end I was never informed about their hiring decision. I found it very discourteous to string along applicants and never let them know about the decision or provide any feedback about the interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult situation working with a team?   Answer Question
    • Design a set of classes that relates to our business.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and got a phone call from the recruiter about 2 weeks later. It was a phone interview and was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions regarding project management but that was it. Had a second interview with the finance manager, again very causal but she really wanted to know my comfort level with excel and capital budgeting. The final interview was an in-person interview that consisted of 5 different people. This is where things get strange. The recruiter, the CFO, and my potential manager were all super professional, friendly, and asked good questions. Two other individuals were not, the one gentlemen was very aggressive and rude. The other woman sounded like she was having a bad day because she was just hostile. Making condescending remarks when I gave answers. At the end of the interview, the recruiter even asked me what I thought of the gentlemen. She said, "Yeah, he has a reputation around the office for being short tempered." Well talk about a red flag if there ever was one. It was a shame because I like my potential boss, but I was so worried about the environment I was going into I couldn't take their offer. Especially, when I had another offer from somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• What are the revenue recognition methods for projects?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with Excel?   Answer Question
    • They asked some accounting questions related to assets and liabilities.   Answer Question
    • They even asked questions regarding transportation of goods and how you recognize certain cost.   Answer Question
    • Explain the project development process.   Answer Question
    • Be familiar with revenue recognition methods.   Answer Question

The end of my interview just really concerned me because I didn't want to work directly with a man who had a reputation in the office. My boss was fine, the salary and benefits offer was great but that man and how he was in the interview scared the crap out of me.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter did a great job finding me and coordinating the interviews with a well orchestrated team and the interviewers were prepared and professional. THey went out of their way to adjust to my schedule. Afterward however, It has been very difficult to get a response from anyone on the hiring process. Phone calls and emails to individuals on the hiring committee and to the recruiter are unanswered.

Interview Questions

• GIve us an example of a phrase you would include in a Statement of work   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Meet with a deceitful manager first, Then took a painful electronics test that was based on one of there military products, but after three interviews we finally came to an agreement. I investigated this company before I left my previous place of employment and I feel that it was worth it!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with military type electronics   1 Answer