L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L3 Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Planned interview from 8am to 1pm with lunch included. Meet with one hiring manager for general company overview. Meet with four to five engineers for detailed technical interview. Short tour of the office space and some lab equipment. Lunch with hiring manager and two to three engineers including further questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain some ways you would isolate a system from vibration?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX).

Interview

The interview itself was very structured and fairly simple. It was casual and comfortable. I really did have the feeling that I got the job with they way everything was presented to me and how well I interacted with the hiring managers and potential co-worker. I am however very put off by the follow up. I was specifically told in my exit interview with HR that I would be contacted in two weeks, and if I didn't hear anything, to reach out and they would let me know. 3 weeks went by and nothing, so I followed up and was told they had not selected anyone for the position but would let me know as soon as they had an answer. 3 MORE weeks went by and still nothing, so I followed up again as a last ditch effort...never got a response. I totally understand if they hired a more qualified candidate, I get that. But at least follow through on your word and give me an answer one way or another.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was a blitz format for college graduates. The interview took about 8 hours. They began by giving us a presentation of the company and benefits. We all had 4 interviews the entire day, but they were not back to back. Everything was planned out well and they fed us.

Interview Questions

• Typical programming questions concerning OOP mythology and things that stick out to them on your resume.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a university career fair. Was invited to a short interview the next day. The vp of HR at one of their locations seemed exciting about my application and asked about my availability for traveling to an onsite location. They said they would be in touch shortly but never reached out. I sent follow up emails and never got a response. Quite Aggravating.

Interview Questions

• What about supply chain interests you?   1 Answer
    • Would you like to be relocated to the east or west coast   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Rockwall, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy phone interview. They ask about your work history and some of the qualifications that you think would make you a candidate for the position. It is an at will position.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on doing the job?   1 Answer

Fire Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Resume and online application submitted through corporate HR portal. The user interface, as with most online applications, is outdated and cumbersome.

Was contacted approximately two months later by the department manager to see if I was still interested in the position; was told that HR would contact me to schedule interviews. HR contacted me within two days. The HR assistant was EXTREMELY helpful in assisting with travel and lodging arrangements.

Traveled to Greenville to meet with the manager, who was apparently unavailable, so ended up meeting with the assistant manager and a corporate safety representative. No formal questions were asked; the position requirements, schedule, and expectations were presented. I was allowed to ask questions pertaining to the position, and then given a tour of the facility. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly; however, they seemed somewhat unprepared for the interview process.

I did not hear anything from the manager or HR for approximately six weeks, and then only received an automated email informing me that the position had been filled. I reached out to the manager for feedback on my background, resume, and interview for future improvement, and received no response.

Interview Questions

• No formal questions were asked. The interviewer looked through my resume, and then told me about the schedule and expectations for the position.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. Went on site for a 4 hour interview with multiple employees. Had an offer within a week. very easy and straight forward process. One technical question related to forces acting on an airplane. Interviewed for and engineering role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college engineering experience   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got followed up for a phone interview. I was told 2 people, both engineers would be on the line. The interview was pretty relaxed and both the engineers were friendly. I followed up with the hiring managaer from HR but was said I didn't make it

Interview Questions

• They asked questions based on my resume. Asked why I lacked internships? I guess that was a bummer.   Answer Question

Entry Level Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

I got a call about 10 days after applying. The recruiter on the phone told me that he would talk to his manager and that he would call me an hour later. When I got the call from the manager he asked me a few technical questions. I was NOT told that this call was going to be an interview! at the end of the call he said that I was scheduled for an on site interview and he was going to call me the next day with the details. No call or email from them for about 2 weeks. Then out of the blue I got a call from that same recruiter to schedule an onsite interview in the following week. I told them I was available. He then proceeded to tell me that he was going to call me again "in a while" to tell me the date and time. I NEVER got a call from them again.
    If I was being rejected, they should have at least informed me. It's been about a month since that last call.

Pros:
    Both the recruiter and the hiring manager were nice to talk to. The hiring manager explained about the role and the company in detail. The recruiter was nice to talk to as well. The problem is not the people, it's the entire process.

Cons:
    The entire process took over a month. It's very frustrating. They move very slowly.

They never informed me if I was rejected or still being considered.

Interview Questions

• basic questions in C like, difference between arrays and linked lists   Answer Question

Structural Engineer/Stress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Lubbock, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and you have plenty of time to answer the questions. Very nice interviewer. I felt very comfortable because he asked me question that are very easy to answer. Then he gave me time to ask some questions, which helped me learn more about the company.