L3 Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L3 Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.6

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

A phone interview which went very well. The interviewer wanted to have a face to face interview. Never heard from them after 4-5 weeks. I tried to follow up with the company but never received any responses from HR. I found the experience was very unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Company booked a hotel, took us out to dinner, and gave a tour of the facility. There were about 20 other student candidates applying for Co-op and full time positions. In total there were 3 interview with 3 different department managers for each candidate. Interview was mostly about my resume, and not very technical. It was more to see if I was compatible with their department and their other team members.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not very technical. They asked some simple questions about Java such as explain what polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation were.   1 Answer

Work culture seemed very strict and not fun. However, the Employees and interviewers were very friendly thought the whole process, but very serious about their work.

Software Engineering Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Woburn, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

One interview with a manager and a principal engingeer. I spent about one hour with each person in a room. My manager gave me a tour of the lab and demonstated some scanning equipment.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

The initial contact by the Recruiter was Great, very informative, energetic and represented the company well. The interview went smooth all managers were easy to speak with. Not much feedback after the interview, took 3 weeks to hear something.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Sarasota, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got invited to a phone screen within a week or so.
    At the time, I held a very similar position; therefore, the interviewer's question were all in the form of, Have you done this or that...etc...and I answered them expertly. The interviewer then asked me about how long of a lead time will I require should I be invited to a site interview. I told him, about a week. I thought the phone screen went very well!

No word for about 2 weeks, since the phone screen. Then, I emailed the interviewer, asking if I'm still being considered for the position. No response. It's been 5 weeks since.

My interviewer told me he's also the hiring the manager for the position I applied for.

I was THE ideal candidate for said position, but I can't expect to be the only such applicant.
    What I expected from L3, however, was a little more professionalism in the process than I unfortunately received.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus first with one manager. Was invited later in semester for a "Blitz Day" which is the same thing as an on-site interview with a tour of the facility. Had 3 different interviews with 3 different groups that were interested in me. The software engineering group had 2 people that asked me multiple questions. They asked resume and behavioral questions. The most technical they got was when they asked about object-oriented design.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the main properties of object-oriented design.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Alexandria, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview included questions on my background, what I'm interested in doing, and my salary requirements. The interviewer provided background on the open positions, company history, location of the company, and requirements of the position. The interview lasted seventeen minutes, and concluded promptly when I discussed the basis for and my salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Torrance, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair, who said she wanted me to come in for an interview. After weeks and weeks of follow up, I was invited to their facility. The interview was about 40 minutes with the hiring manager and 2 project leads. 6 weeks later after the interview, I heard back.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter did a great job finding me and coordinating the interviews with a well orchestrated team and the interviewers were prepared and professional. THey went out of their way to adjust to my schedule. Afterward however, It has been very difficult to get a response from anyone on the hiring process. Phone calls and emails to individuals on the hiring committee and to the recruiter are unanswered.

Interview Questions

• GIve us an example of a phrase you would include in a Statement of work   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (College Station, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got invited to a company informational at my university where they had many employees of different backgrounds talk about their portion of the company. Scheduled me for an interview the next day, very easy interview, basically consisted of them asking about my resume and past projects. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and never received a call back