L3 Technologies Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L3 Technologies Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at L3 Technologies

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Waco, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

They few me and about 15 other people down to Waco, TX for 2 days. On the first day we toured Waco, met with senior engineers, VP and recently hired engineers. On the second day we toured their facility and did panel interviews. They were interested in leadership and organization skills. Every one seemed very helpful. I had lot of time to ask questions about the company and the position. From the first impression, it looks like a great place to work. I accepted the offer because the company does what I want to do, the pay and benefits are very good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L3 Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Waco, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by panel interview with several engineering managers

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

L-3 Communications was at a university career fair. I had 1 brief interview with an engineering manager at the career fair and provided my resume. I received a phone call approximately 7 days later to do a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 15 mins and very general. Following the phone interview, I had an onsite interview in front of a panel, was required to do a presentation, and 3 work out problems on the white board that took approximately 5 mins to solve each one.

Interview Questions

• I was required to answer three very technical questions on the white board using a marker and in front of 8 managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I applied for a mechanical engineer job and they called after 1 month for an interview. There were two guys that interviewed me and I'm still waiting for the second interview since the main guy wasn't there.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

The process was extremely easy. Got an email to set an interview time and the location was easy to find. Staff was extremely kind and accommodating. The interview was conducted by three engineers and was in a relaxed manner. Print out a resume before attending. Understand what the company does.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Start off watching a safety video while your badge gets prepared. Then interview with 4-5 people with lunch provided in the cafeteria. You get taken into the shops where they are working on equipment.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Panel Interview with 4 engineers. Applied through a job fair at school and got called back about a month after. I thought the interview was pretty tough. They asked a lot of questions about my experience which I was not able to answer well.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding your work experience. Be prepared to talk at length and answer questions based on your answers.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 engineers. It was going to be 2 engineers but then they pulled a 3rd person from somewhere. It was a pretty relaxed/informal interview. After the interview they gave me a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about items in my resume. I would answer the questions and they would ask more questions about what I answered. These questions really test your understanding of the projects and how well you cope under pressure.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies.

Interview

A few hours of interviewing where I took turns interviewing with multiply people for about 30 minutes at a time or touring the facility. The last person I interviewed with made it very apparent that engineers at this facility are not the best and brightest since he told me that he had a 2.5 GPA in college.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a design that you worked on with a group and name some difficulties that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Planned interview from 8am to 1pm with lunch included. Meet with one hiring manager for general company overview. Meet with four to five engineers for detailed technical interview. Short tour of the office space and some lab equipment. Lunch with hiring manager and two to three engineers including further questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain some ways you would isolate a system from vibration?   1 Answer