L3 Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with some behavioral questions, and a memorable question about how would you fix a problem - because it had an answer the interview was specifically looking for.

Communication over email was pleasant leading up to the onsight interview. I didn't have to wait very long to be taken to HR which was nice.

Felt some hostility when talking to HR about salary before interviews which put me in a nervous position. I had just driven 2 hours and felt like they were ready to kick me out just because I said I didn't want to talk about my current salary.

I was then interviewed by several engineers who asked repetitive questions - I think I was drilled on virtual functions by 3 different interviewers. One interviewer made me sweat on a whiteboard while they were on their phone. I had to wait 25+ min in a room for one of the interviewers. I had a good experience with two of the more laid back engineers who weren't looking for specific answers to questions, it felt more of a conversation and I would have enjoyed working with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L3 Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Give you a tour of the campus. Show you some of the projects they work on. Went over benefits. Interview with 4 different hiring managers at different divisions. Entire process last a day.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was a blitz format for college graduates. The interview took about 8 hours. They began by giving us a presentation of the company and benefits. We all had 4 interviews the entire day, but they were not back to back. Everything was planned out well and they fed us.

Interview Questions

• Typical programming questions concerning OOP mythology and things that stick out to them on your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Greenville, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Company booked a hotel, took us out to dinner, and gave a tour of the facility. There were about 20 other student candidates applying for Co-op and full time positions. In total there were 3 interview with 3 different department managers for each candidate. Interview was mostly about my resume, and not very technical. It was more to see if I was compatible with their department and their other team members.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not very technical. They asked some simple questions about Java such as explain what polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation were.   1 Answer

Work culture seemed very strict and not fun. However, the Employees and interviewers were very friendly thought the whole process, but very serious about their work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

The interview is heavily focused on school and hobby projects. It is important for students to be able to work together on teams and also demonstrate technical competency. The entire thing lasts a morning.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was contacted by email by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. In the phone interview there was a group of three or four engineers who asked me basic networking and software engineering questions. (Explain the difference between TCP and UDP, why is object-oriented design used, talk about how you play nice in the sandbox at work.) It took a week for them to get back to me about an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, I gave a 15-minute PowerPoint presentation and talked to several hiring managers and lead engineers.

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain the difference between TCP and UDP. When would each be appropriate.
      2) Given a network sketched out on the whiteboard, explain how a packet gets from one host to another in as much detail as possible.
      3) Tell us what you know about OSPF, ARP, Ethernet, and TCP protocols.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Camden, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Got a call from HR about a week after meeting them at a campus career fair. They wanted to set up an on-site interview at a time of my convenience. We set it up about a week after I got the call. Had an engineering panel interview (with HR, PM, and software engineer) and afterwards, lunch with the director of software engineering. Both meetings were very discussion-based. Not really any "technical" questions besides asking about the technical things I listed on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to a first interview that resulted from talking to them at my college's job fair. So in my case, the day after the job fair I went in for a 30 minutes interview one-on-one with a software project lead.

The interviewer had a generic form of questions he was required to ask and fill out first. Some programming background questions and a few behavioral. Nothing to unusual.

After that, the interview turned into a more open format. They did allow for me to ask questions, but in my case the interviewer spent the remaining time getting a better feel of my experience and strengths than just answering my questions.

It was a pretty simple interview. I assume that there is likely a second round of interviews on site and last longer.

Interview Questions

• They asked whether I had an experience with databases and object-oriented programming and what languages I was proficient in.   Answer Question
    • For behavioral, I had questions such as give a situation and how I managed to resolve issues within a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Relaxed and very friendly, didn't feel like getting third degree as in most companies. And apparently Glassdoor says that there should be more said or else the website won't allow me off this page

Interview Questions

• WHo remembers interview questions long after the interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L3 Technologies (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought in to see the program manager and him and the other software engineers asked me about my computer science background and if I was familiar with any of the software they used. They told me about the various projects they were doing. there werent many questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses and those such questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of background do you have in computer science?   Answer Question