LA Fitness General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

1.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

You will interview with District Vice President first then you will interview with the Regional Vice President if DVP qualifies you. Depending on if the VP already knows you, this process can go very quickly and smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge as a manager and how did you over come that challenge?
    Are you comfortable with hitting sales quotas?
    What is your management style?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

General Manager Interview

Interview

Must be career oriented during interview process. If you other employment, school or planning to go back to school you probably wont be selected for employment. Once hired be prepared to work hard for every dollar earned.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very pedestrian, no guidelines almost like an informal interview. The second and third interviews were a little more normal but seemed a little gimmicky just to establish some sort of hierarchy. Second and third interviews both took place via video chat, the second happened literally 4 hours after the first interview. Some of the process seemed very unorganized and kind of fly by the seat of your pants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Meeting with GM, follow up with district manager...
    Non invasive...easy job to get in the fitness industry. They are looking to hire people that people skills and typically they will train the rest.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome spouse objection? "I need to ask my significant other."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Buffalo, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Call on Phone, Met with VP hired on spot

Interview Questions

• Will you give up everything to work for us, and we mean everything, you will not beable to call off sick for the next 6 month.. "Really asked"   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none, basically they offered a good wage, but once your hired thats when it all changes.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Sarasota, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

I was thrown into the position with fear of losing my job if I refused. I received no training either, to be successful

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions asked that are of importance or even relevant to the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

If they like you they will hire you. If the feel like you have the look and your a good fit they will hire you. They want you well dressed and clean shaved. The process can be long. You have to speak to 2 managers and after that you meet with the district manager.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

Simply apply - You get to speak to someone. They tell you about the job. But its Not really for General Manager. Its for sales. The Job description said General Manager, which i have 5+ manager experience in sales. Overall very misleading. Why should someone start from the bottom when they have experience already in management?

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Don't expect to be asked hard questions. They more explain the job and try to get you to buy into it to do sales door to door, and etc.   Answer Question

I applied for manager but they wanted me as sales. I have 5+ years for management in sales. Do i really want to downgrade?