LA Fitness Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Fitness Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Wheaton, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

consisted of an informal 10 minute phone interview followed by 30 minute formal interview on location. Met with the district manager of the regional clubs and found her to be extremely ambitious and motivating. However, it seems that the business model of L.A. fitness is to widen their scope of members by any means necessary. Employee satisfaction and customer services did not seem to be the priority, as the ability to terminate new hires was more of a requirement than training them to provide high level customer service. While, this would have been an excellent opportunity if I were interested in climbing their corporate ladder, it did not align with my own experiences in good management practices.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmetto, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Palmetto, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very casual, easy interview. The regional manager asked about me and why I wanted this job, my experience with hiring and firing, and my salary requirements. I appreciated that she gave me a good feel for the job and what it pays, the hours, etc instead of making it a long, drawn out process. I told her I didn't have experience hiring and firing, but she said I did have good experience with customers and asked if I would still be interested after finding out the pay (lower than what I currently make). It was too low pay for me but she said to keep in touch which made me feel good, like I could possibly do something there in the future if I decided to.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty short, under 15 minutes. It was casual and one on one. There were a few basic questions. It was more of a get to know each other conversation than an interview. They asked for me to return the following day for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Federal Way, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was really easy. Mostly wanted to make sure we clicked and that I was the right fit for the job. Talked about my background and that they're looking for someone who likes to have their hands in everything going on in the store.

Interview Questions

• Not really questions, mostly just how the specific LA Fitness was and the ups and downs of the area.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness in October 2016.

Interview

Called me same day as I applied went in for an interview later. Interview went great but the pay was way too low. I was really comfortable and it was a lot more like a conversation than interview.

Interview Questions

Pay was way too low. Aspects of the job seemed perfect but compensation was a joke.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called on a Thursday and told that interviews were the next day at 10:00AM at a local club. It was a cattle call style where 4 of us showed up and they got to us when they got to us. I was the first to arrive around 9:45. The guy who came in about 5 minutes after me was taken first around 10:15. The man interviewing him took 2 phone calls in the 5 or so minutes that he was interviewing him. He was then shown around the club by another man. Then that same man grabbed me, around 10:25 and walked me about 100 feet into the club, asked me about 5 questions then said I would sit with the manager (the first guy who took calls) but if I could have a seat for a moment. After about 30 seconds he came up to me and said that they really have to "bang out" these interviews and could they email me. I said sure. A week has elapsed and I have not heard back since and the Indeed posting has been removed so I assume I was not one of the better candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballard, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Ballard, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I went in for a video interview with the regional director. Supposedly there's a second round of interviews, but they keep on telling me that they are still in the initial interviewing phase. There was an initial phone screening and then they had me go into a local LA fitness to do a skype call from the front desk of the center to the regional manager. It was a little awkward having it be so public.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It consisted of two separate interviews. The first interview was formal, discussed management styles former employment, the usual things. The second interview we discussed the job more in depth and pay structure.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Fitness in January 2016.

Interview

The "district OM" I met with to interview was an hour late. The interview itself went extremely well. She seemed as eager and excited to interview me for the position as I was to apply for it. We really didn't discuss the job duties, we briefly spoke of the current situation at the club and her expectations. She verified my start date, and schedule and that she'd be in contact with me soon. I was then sent to complete my background check. I sent her a thank you email for the interview, and have had no further incoming or outgoing communication from her or the company to any effect.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

Applied online, called within 2 days to schedule and in person 1st interview, Interview lasted 10 minutes and I was told I would get a call if they were interested in a second interview. I did a second "working" interview and was offered a job that day.