LA Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

After confirming the interview day 4 days prior by email, the interviewer waited until the night before to give a time and location for the interview, which I consider inconsiderate. I felt the email exchange we had to set up the interview was slightly unprofessional and not respectful of my time...I found the in-person version to match this tone.

There were few to no questions about my qualifications, degrees, and skill set. Instead, it felt more like a salesman, pitching me a product I didn't want (sales). He literally gave me a sales pitch; that is not metaphor. I found out that I was misled as to the position and its duties; it was not the job I was applying for.
The interviewer took multiple texts at the beginning and middle of my interview--which I read as an attempt at a 'power move', then proceeded to attempt to 'sell' me the position (which turned out to in fact be exclusively commission phone sales).
And I suppose while I'm being completely honest, he had noticeable beer on his breath at 1pm.

I left aggravated and felt my time had been wasted by someone who didn't respect their prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Really, the only question he asked was some form of, "Why do you want to work here?"
    Nothing at all about my background, my education, professional skill set, or long-term aspirations.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness.

Interview

process was 30 minutes with personal training director. after was a practice test in gym. if you really fitness professional this interview is not a problem. for most trainer it will be difficult.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call. Asked if I was interested in sales counseor instead and agreed. First interview was a personal training interview, the 2nd was a sales interview where I had to memorize the pitch and diagram and give it to the manager.

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Although both la fitness locations I was interviewed at tried really hard to get me to join the sales team and not even for a personal trainer position, the interview was easy and almost felt like just a conversation, rather than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Elsinore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Lake Elsinore, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my application online, but I wanted to leave a good impression so I decided to walk in interview ready with a nice hard copy of my resume to hand in. I talked to the guy at the front desk and he told me to take a seat and that he'll notify the Personal Training Manager and that he'll be with me shortly. I did not wait have to wait for very long, but I did not get to meet with the Personal Training Manager, instead they sent the Weekend Manager to meet with me. From there he began to interview me. I was asked questions based on specific scenarios and with a variety of clients.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • We have an elderly man with osteoporosis, what exercises would you give him?   1 Answer
    • What exercises would you give an large, very overweight person trying to lose weight?   1 Answer
    • What exercises would you give the scrawny teenager looking to build upper body muscle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Reviewed resume and asked several questions about past work experience and abilities/specialties of personal training. Went over the job description/compensation and what will be required for me hour wise/week.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with clients of all ages and abilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

They made me wait like about 40 minutes and the guy who makes my job interview was impolite he ask me a few questions and then he told me they called me back if they were interested and they never call me back by the way there was a lot of people waiting for the job interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Short and simple. Very natural I really don't I mean really don't have much to say. It was a simple interview and I got the job with no issues

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Hyattsville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming in general. Asked about basic knowledge in Personal Training and experience. Asked about sales experience and what makes me motivated to give clients the best personal training experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of approaching a potential client and getting them to do a session with you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Murrieta, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty quick and took about a week to hear back. I met with my direct superior and spoke about basic things like why I would be a god fit for the company. The overall process took about 20 minutes for interviewing followed by 70 days of waiting for paperwork to be pushed through. I was offered the job on the seventh day

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with angry customers in The past.   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer