LA Fitness Sales Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Fitness Sales Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview I had was short and lacked in detailed description of the job. The next interview I had was with the VP. Again, this interview was short and seemed to be rushed. Overall the hiring mangers were professional and honest.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LA Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I came in looking for an entry level position and I was hired on the spot. I talked with the management staff about the work environment, expectations, pay scale, etc. The interview was very casual and upbeat. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• My background, dealing with customers, past experience, personality, etc. Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

interview was super nice and smooth. manager was super nice and straight to the point. assistant manager was really helpful when in the interview. they had me waiting a while to ge interviewed which i did not like much but after that everything went pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• if i was able to work under pressure and how i managed to work with deadlines.   1 Answer

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness in January 2016.

Interview

Quick in person interview with the district manager. Be prepared for a little bit of role play. Bring your resume. Talk about your sales experience and why you want this position.

Interview Questions

• If you saw me in a target parking lot, how would you approach me and offer me this guest pass?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 3 positives and 3 negatives about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy. I was hired mainly because of my looks. They just wanted to make sure I had personality, a car and no kids. I casually asked for a job and didn't realize I was talking to the General Manager. He was young and athletic build. He only cared that I lived close by and was hot, After he decided he wanted to hire me you said his boss, the regional manager wanted to meet me but I basically had the job. The next day I went to meet him and he asked me my experience in sales which is a good deal of experience and hired me on the spot. I went back to my home club and started working that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have a set pay and commission structure for each position

Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Broadview, IL).

Interview

It was basic, at first it seemed tough, before the experience was over I felt like the manager was desperate for me to work there, a little too desperate. He also did a poor job of explaining the pay structure, I think it was done purposefully, they promise you lots of money in bonuses, but you get very little commission, so I guess they don't want to scare anyone away, it seemed a bit deceitful, but I needed a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied using Indeed.com, got a call to schedule an interview the very next day. My interview was at 1pm, so I showed up. The GM I was supposed to do my interview with, was with potential customers because she scheduled an appointment right when my interview was, she had 2 other appointments at 1:30 and 2pm both leaving right before the other showed up so I sat waiting until 2:30 before she finally came and got me for my interview, it was completely unprofessional and aggravating. In my interview, she made the job sound unappealing as if she was trying to get me not to want it, she offered me a second interview but I told her I had to leave because I had another interview at 3 because I did not expect that to take 2 hours. She gave me a look like "what the hell?" for having an interview somewhere else as if the only place I could ever want to work is LA Fitness. She asked me to call to schedule the second interview but I am not calling. Also, the job seems like a crap job. You have to harass all your friends and family and then their friends and family and so on and so on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LA Fitness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sat down and talked about sales mostly, like experience. Not much care about fitness knowledge. Asked me to "sale him this pen". Then he called back the next day and scheduled another meeting to tell me he wants to hire me. After he made me wait a week before hiring me. Finally I come in and he tells me that I have to talk to the district VP and that he will officially hire me. The district VP basically asks the same questions and then I was officially hired

Interview Questions

• Do you have any history in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

very good, was able to learn about what it takes to work for the company and how my personality will affect the way i sold membership. very fluent and easy. also it is one on one first. than you would have an interview with the VP of the region which he will ask you the same questions on your first interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you sale a membership to a new person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Lake Success, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They show me the goals you have do 60-80 calls all about reach the goals and getting leads , only Commission not for me if your good with cold sales no training