LA Fitness (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Fitness (UK) Interview Questions

1.6

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. They want new memberships and to meet quotas. They asked me 3 times in the interview if I was comfortable with being in a place that drove memberships first and foremost. They mentioned how a typical work week would be and what their expectations were for cold calling and field time. They had fairly detailed expectations for what a good membership counselor is compared to one that is less than effective. They kept talking about the fast track to management and that being promoted to weekend Manager and then to General Manager running your own club was the ultimate goal. And all of this would be available for someone that came in and sold to their production expectations. Full benefits and schedule were discussed at the end.

Interview Questions

• Their big question was can someone handle the grind of making sometimes hundreds of phone calls and making field visits to bring in memberships during every shift.   1 Answer

A better offer came up closer to home.

Membership Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Interview

The hiring process was very fast and pitchy meaning the interviewer was trying to sale me on the job. And the opportunity to make lots of money sounded great only if I was about to make the sales, otherwise the pay would have been little to none.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) (London, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

Pretty good, fairly in depth but Company have high staff turnover, they dont take care of GMs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good, decent money offer.

Training Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted on line application, met with a guy who I will call x, I liked x, enjoyed his outlook thought the position was a good fit. X called the next day and said y, would be I touch. Wasn't sure how y fit in, y called, via the conversation. I had no idea if y was a man or woman. I was ref to y's boss, I drove across the county and met with a sleazy sales guy who brought out paper and drew diagrams of $... Like I was buying a car !!! I didn't get a word in and sleezy sales guy, spent too much time, promising raises and promotions. Should have been a red flag.

I was sent back to y, come to find out y was a female, very heavy steroid use.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No? No negotiations just a piece of odd paper with scribblings

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Interview

Not hard at all just make sure you know your stuff, make sure that you have good people skills you will be dealing with every type of person. I you dont have paitence with others this is not the job for you

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Interview

Why do you want to work for LA Fitness?

Negotiation

No negotiation involved. Applied and hired.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in April 2013.

Interview

Online application, audition/interview appt. Wait several weeks, receive online new hire paperwork /orientation. Another appointment to go through paperwork again and electronically sign. Wait another week to receive a payrate.

Interview Questions

• me "I have never taught that format" Interviewer, " Show me something you would do ...(for that format"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, Low per class rate for area.

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Interview

They Hire on the spot, ask if you want to make an income of $30,000 or more.
    Look for salesmanship, may ask to role play in the interview.
    They oversell the salary only telling you what you COULD get paid which isn't the average.

Interview Questions

• Can you work on bringing business on your own?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, minimum wage plus commission

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).

Interview

Employee referral. Took a few days

Interview Questions

• How do you take one's BMI ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

min wage+commisiion+bonuses -

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in January 2010.

Interview

To get advanced from a sales counslor to a weekend manager is simple.....kiss butt.

Interview Questions

• if you had to would you do anything for a sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy, they tell you that you'll have these unattainable goals and tons of overtime to work. followed by tons of dreams and promises if you survive the process and you either accept or get fired several days late if you do not accept.