LA Fitness (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Fitness (UK) Interview Questions

1.6

Training Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted on line application, met with a guy who I will call x, I liked x, enjoyed his outlook thought the position was a good fit. X called the next day and said y, would be I touch. Wasn't sure how y fit in, y called, via the conversation. I had no idea if y was a man or woman. I was ref to y's boss, I drove across the county and met with a sleazy sales guy who brought out paper and drew diagrams of $... Like I was buying a car !!! I didn't get a word in and sleezy sales guy, spent too much time, promising raises and promotions. Should have been a red flag.

I was sent back to y, come to find out y was a female, very heavy steroid use.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No? No negotiations just a piece of odd paper with scribblings

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the regional coordinator. She invited me to audition for the classes I teach. I auditioned for the classes.

The regional who interviewed me was clearly a manipulative person who lies a lot. I could tell she was lying about the fact that she never hires anyone on the spot when she hired me on the spot. I have later found out why. LA Fitness pays the least amount of almost every other gym in the area, and they are truly desperate for good instructors. The Regional is a terrible boss. She never returns peoples calls. I have heard of other people auditioning, and she tells them she will hire them, then she doesn't call them back!

Interview Questions

• The Interviewer tried to ask me to audition for formats that I am not able to teach.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There is a rate increase based on your certifications. The more certifications you have the more you will be paid. Make sure the person hiring you enters all your certifications in the computer so that you can ensure the highest pay rate.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in February 2011.

Interview

I've got a call from GM in the morning. We scheduled the interview in the afternoon that day. Emergency suddenly came up so I had to reschedule the interview. I called in and politely asked for the GM to reschedule to next time other than today. The GM did not even come to the phone. He made the receptionist at the front desk to respond and say, "he said nevermind, it's ok. Thanks though." That was it. I mean gyms like LA Fitness and Lifetime fitness may seem very nice inside and out but the staffs and managements on site are totally unprofessional like this. They are so rude. He did not even have a courtesy to pick up the phone and say it himself. I know few other people also did not have pleasant experience with the staffs b/c of their unprofessional behaviors and speech. Some of them are way too laid back, cocky, and speak so sluggish, I can barely understand. I hope the corporate actually takes control and really screen who becomes GM & in management and such. I am glad I didn't waste my time there.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in October 2010.

Interview

I got an email about a job fair. Showed up, waited a half hour and then was interviewed by someone in management. They were friendly but seemed quite harried (he took phone calls during the interview). Wanted to know what my long term career plans were (I'm currently on grad school) I was offered a job and then filled out an application. Got to meet the head trainer who seemed very to the point and task oriented.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career plans?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in September 2010.

Interview

I walked in and asked for the manager, then asked if they were hiring at the time. I was told yes, asked what I was doing with my life, and then offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What am I doing with my life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in January 2010.

Interview

To get advanced from a sales counslor to a weekend manager is simple.....kiss butt.

Interview Questions

• if you had to would you do anything for a sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy, they tell you that you'll have these unattainable goals and tons of overtime to work. followed by tons of dreams and promises if you survive the process and you either accept or get fired several days late if you do not accept.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in August 2009.

Interview

Quick fast and simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) (London, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

Pretty good, fairly in depth but Company have high staff turnover, they dont take care of GMs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good, decent money offer.

Member Services Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in August 2008.

Interview

i went in and told the manager i was interested in the posistion he asked basic questions regarding availablity

Interview Questions

• when will you be able to work   1 Answer

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in June 2008.

Interview

Good company. They tend to rope you in and make you work more then you'll ever want to. They talk about the large possibilities, most of which are unattainable. Great people, care about their employees. For the job, you must be very outgoing and willing to do almost anything for the sale.