LA Quinta Assistant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

I felt like it went well , but also felt my age of 52, is working against me . Even asked if I was over 40 on app. Feels like disrimination.

Interview Questions

• If offered, would you relocate if a hotel was offered?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LA Quinta

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and organized. HR recruiter called me and did a standard screening reviewing my qualifications. After that I was told to complete an online assessment through the LQ website .
    I then met with two GM's at different properties where my qualifications and future ambitions were further reviewed.
    The last phase was a brief meeting with the SVP.

Interview Questions

• Company is focused on promoting AGM to GM, is that an ideal career move for you?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good