LA Quinta Front Desk Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Quinta Front Desk Service Representative Interview Questions

1.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Oshkosh, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of basic customer service questions. We went over what the job entailed. Later on that same day, I received a job offer. I then started training early the next week. The process was very quick, but you receive 3 weeks of on the job training! I felt very comfortable after that!

Interview Questions

• How would you define customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LA Quinta

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my application online, I received an email within 12 hours asking if I could interview that day or the next. I went to interview at 1pm, and the whole process took about 30 minutes. The manager seemed extremely eager to hire and very down to Earth. She told me a bit about what will be happening in the hotel for the next few months. She was extremely happy to tell me that minimum wage for Desk Workers was bumped up to 11/hr. At the end of the interview, she told me that she would send an email for the job offer for me to accept if I wanted to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are you studying in college, and what else are you involved in at school?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to transfer to a different location to work while you're at college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Portland, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very short because they need people so bad they will hire right away. If you have even a month worth of hotel experience they will call you in the next day because management cannot keep anyone there for more than 6 months

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do I have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Manchester, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty open ended. My impression was that the main thing they wanted to gauge was my ability to connect and engage with people. My friendliness and understanding of basic hospitality, as well as computer skills were the primary focus. The manager and I spend more than half the interview talking about our dogs. But we bonded over the subject and it worked out very well. Questions about arrests and criminal convictions were reserved for the end of the hiring process and allowed for a former addict and criminal, like myself, to move forward in the process and, when given the chance, explain how I've changed for the better.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about the hospitality industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable on wages and benefits.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Garden City, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

There are usually 1 or 2 interviews before being hired. But you will not be hired if you don't pass the personality assessment test, whether they like you during the interview or not.

Interview Questions

• they give you scenarios to conclude what you would do in different situations.   Answer Question

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Quinta in January 2012.

Interview

Applied for position online and was called within a couple of weeks for an interview. Met with gm for the hotel which was currently under construction and would be open within a month or so. Interview was thorough and I was given detailed information about the position and was told that it would start out as part-time and I would be given a full-time position when business picked up at the hotel. I would suggest that anyone interviewing for a position make sure that they get their offer in writing, so that the management has no way of denying what has been said.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that La Quinta can keep new guests and provide service that would gain loyalty for the brand?   Answer Question

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta in April 2008.

Interview

My resume was emailed to the General Manager, and returned my email and had me come in for an interview on-site. There was only one interview and he offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What about your past experience makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question