LA Quinta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Quinta Interview Questions

2.2

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived, waited in the lobby for a few minutes, and was then taken to an office behind the front desk for the interview. The manager asked basic questions about my experience, what I know about the company, and what motivates me to be successful in life. The entire process lasted roughly 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Lafayette, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Got called for the interview. Scheduled the interview for the following day. Met interviewer in hotel lobby and interviewed there. Overall short quick and concise interview. Was told they would in the next few days to notify of hiring and first date if selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you felt you delivered exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Columbus, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process went great. Had a great conversation with the recruiter. She told me everything that the company had to offer and what the job entailed. I briefed her on what I did and the things that I had done in my career up to this point and we seemed to really hit it off.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as a General Manager   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2015.

Interview

Answered a Craigslist ad, but didn't know who it was. They called about a week and half later for a short phone screening. Asked to come in the next day for a face to face interview, which was also short. Wanted to know about computer skills, availability, being able to address small issues with guests, and questions about your background.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to go up and fix a guests TV?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Pinellas Park, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I arrived early, the general manager interviewing me arrived late. He started by asking about my college education, which I thought was a little strange and irrelevant for a simple housekeeping position. Asked general questions that I'm pretty sure he was just reading off a page in front of him. Why do I want to work there? Who was my favorite past boss and why? What would I do if I saw someone clocking in for someone else? What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock? Did I have any questions? Pretty basic stuff, easy enough interview process. I asked about the business culture and what a typical day would be like. He spoke about what I would be doing and told me about benefits I'd receive. This was a Wednesday and he said he'd make a decision by Friday and call, but also gave me his card and told me to call him on Friday. I sent him a thank you note and called on Friday as I was instructed after I didn't hear anything. He didn't answer so I left a message. I never heard anything back which honestly surprised me because I thought it went very well and I thought I did everything right. The manager interviewing me seemed like he'd be a decent boss and the few other employees I interacted with were nice and seemed content with working there.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>
      Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Lafayette, LA) in November 2012.

Interview

Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Irving, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Friendly, respectful, no current openings but on file for future

Interview Questions

• As an HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

The person was nice and told me he will call me. During the interview he didn't ask many questions. I was pretty sure I got the job until he call the next week told me he hired someone with more experience than me.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any question that was difficult or unexpected   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2012.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy and a little unnecessary. I had an interview with a recruiter, than another recruiter, then a manager than the hiring manager. It was over the course of weeks. I think I was to call someone back or do something but I never did. It was a long experience and each asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most significant contribution you have ever made?   Answer Question