LA Quinta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

1.9

Night Auditor Interview

Interview

Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Quick and easy. I had previous experience and the GM liked me right away. I was simply asked how I had handled certain complaints. I was well spoken and well dressed, so the interview did not take long and I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta in April 2008.

Interview

My resume was emailed to the General Manager, and returned my email and had me come in for an interview on-site. There was only one interview and he offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What about your past experience makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online. I received a call from the GM within a few days. Met with her that same day. I filled out another application and took a lengthy personality survey. Spoke with the GM, one on one. We played a scenario game, she asked about prior customer service experience. Extremely nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• All questions were simple to answer. Mostly geared towards prior experience.   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

He looked at my resume and asked about my past experience, especially my past hotel experience. He also asked a few questions about my other jobs with customer service. We talked about what days I would work and how long I would be with the company (it was a summer job). He told me to dress nice, then had me start training on the spot.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Lafayette, LA) in November 2012.

Interview

Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   1 Answer

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Pompano Beach, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
    It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>   Answer Question

FDSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.