LA Quinta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

1.9

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Columbus, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process went great. Had a great conversation with the recruiter. She told me everything that the company had to offer and what the job entailed. I briefed her on what I did and the things that I had done in my career up to this point and we seemed to really hit it off.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as a General Manager   1 Answer

House Keeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Biloxi, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

Was hired on spot after about 15 minute interview, management liked my cheerfulness and desire to work. Really nothing extra easy interview. They'll hire anyone really. Can't really say anything beyond that and this 50 word minimum is really stupid. Management at hotel is a joke. They will not do raises they want cheep labor and will hire anyone

Interview Questions

• If I was a team player and would contribute to the team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not exist

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Maryland Heights, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

It was fast and simple interview. Manager was nice and friendly. She asked me more than enough questions to see if I was quifity . I was after the job on the spot .

Interview Questions

• Are u willing to work weekends   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for a interview 2 days later; I walked in and literally was offered the position. I was asked to fill out the necessary documents and to return the following day to start.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Manchester, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty open ended. My impression was that the main thing they wanted to gauge was my ability to connect and engage with people. My friendliness and understanding of basic hospitality, as well as computer skills were the primary focus. The manager and I spend more than half the interview talking about our dogs. But we bonded over the subject and it worked out very well. Questions about arrests and criminal convictions were reserved for the end of the hiring process and allowed for a former addict and criminal, like myself, to move forward in the process and, when given the chance, explain how I've changed for the better.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about the hospitality industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable on wages and benefits.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Quinta (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

It took about a week for the interview process to take place. The interview was very personable and . respectful. Interviewed in person and was hired on the spot. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, this job is pretty cool.

Interview Questions

• not difficult, pretty straightforward   1 Answer

House Keeper Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Hardly a process since they rushed me into the job. My guess is with how they treat employees like dirt they can't really keep many of them. They had me stand by and watch one of the other house keepers clean a room to see if I'd still be interested in the job. It didn't look too difficult, but I guess that's because there were two people working on the same room at once. Soon after I was hired it was everyone for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with cleaning hotel rooms?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LA Quinta (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After completing online application, I was called in 5 days later for an interview with the General Manager. I met with GM, and also Employee of the Month, who was also a FDSR. Tour of the premises along with a description of the responsibilities of an FDSR. Very casual and non stressing

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in unclogging toilets as an FDSR? Are you willing to help with the breakfast buffet? How would you handle a hard client?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Acworth, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. I was only asked did I have customer service nothing about hotel experience. I was told about the position and there is always room for advancement. I was told within a few months to u are eligible to apply for manager. I was asked did I have a shift preference, which I said no. I was informed that was good because one would need to be available all shifts. Last question was when can you start. End of interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience, can you work any shift, and do you have any trips planned soon.   1 Answer

Front Desk Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LA Quinta (Aurora, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy and quick. They asked about my customer service skills and what I could bring to the company. Tjat was it. I started a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How can I benefit the company   1 Answer