LAC Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at LAC Group

LAC Group

Application

I interviewed at LAC Group

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter at a scheduled time. The "interview" was 15 minutes longs - so very brief. The recruiter wasn't very helpful - he didn't seem to know much about the specifics of the position, which was disappointing. There were a few basic questions about qualifications.

Interview Questions
  • There were basic questions regarding experience doing a few key aspects of the position. There didn't seem to be an expectation to expound on my answers in great detail.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LAC Group (Washington, DC) in Aug 2019

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter who had seen my resume on Ziprecruiter. We had an initial phone interview. The LAC Group recruiter seemed very interested in getting me hired right away, which I appreciated. About two weeks later I came in for an interview on-site at a major library in Washington, DC (LAC Group staffs libraries for other entities, particularly the Federal government.) The interviewers were friendly and very open about the nature of the job. (Side note: I realized that the position was basically just the library version of a warehouse job and privately decided on the spot that it wasn't right for me. I'm very glad that they were honest enough about the job to let me see this during the interview.) They asked me typical questions about my experience and gave me some books to sort in order to test my classification skills. At the end of the interview they gave me a tour of the facility. A week or two later, I received a call from the original company recruiter telling me that I had not been chosen.

Interview Questions
  • Please arrange these books in order using Library of Congress classification.
1 person found this interview helpful

LAC Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LAC Group

Interview

This was one of my first interviews after graduating college. I had a phone interview and two in-person interviews. Interviews were professional and great practice for me as a new professional. The in-person interviews were professional but still comfortable, so I was not too nervous. The recruiter did a great job explaining the company to me and answering all of my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LAC Group (Fort Washington, MD) in Apr 2019

Interview

After confirmation, my phone interview was supposed to take place at 1030 and I called on time and was met with you have joined the conversation but you are the only one here. This went on until 10:55 and finally the recruiter connects and say I just sent you an email at 1041am and apologies for being late. First, it was only after I finish the most derogatory interview ever that I saw the email it stated" You must don't check your email regularly". This was even more confusing because the last email we agreed to was 1030 and he said I should receive the instruction to the phone conference Wednesday night. I checked my email so much that I know the instruction came at 5:15AM Thursday morning. He assumed for some reason I would not be checking and would not see the 515am email this explains the 1041am email. Now, after talking to him I am even more inclined that he had preconceived notions of me before speaking to me. The first question was why you leave your job, I explained to him that I retired after 33 years as librarian in DC Public School. He then began to say how he could not help me get a job back with DC Public School. I explained to him that I retired and was looking for something different. Then he proceed to ask me why I don't have a job already with my credentials, I explained my husband passed and I retired to find myself and was now ready to get back in the work force. That is when he said I don't mean to sound harsh and this may hurt your feelings but I have people with a better background than you and proceed to share with me how Directors of librarians are looking for the same job and would I be interested in being a Tech because my last years were not as a ref librarian. I shared with him I have a minor and a Masters Degree in Library Science, I have worked for 33 years in DC Public Schools five years in DC Public Library as a reference librarian and one year with National Library of Medicine so why are you offering me something that requires no education. He not once ask me a reference question, he never gave me the opportunity to tell him something about myself. He said a lot off condescending remarks to me but these are the ones that had me asking why did you call me in the first place. I am a librarian with many reference courses an any senior MLS Librarian know reference because that is what we do, it is like riding a bike once u know u know.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LAC Group (Philadelphia, PA) in Jan 2018

Interview

This company interviews everyone over the phone. My resume was given to my boss when they were desperate for someone to become a project manager. I was honestly not qualified for my first management job with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LAC Group (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2017

Interview

I was contacted via email for a telephone interview. The call did not come at the scheduled time. After I emailed them inquiring about the interview it was rescheduled. Once again, there was no call.

RSS Feed</>Embed