LC Associates Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at LC Associates

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LC Associates (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with LC Associates on 2 occasions. I met with the Sales Manager (Tom Burzumato) and the marketing manager (name not available,Female) on the first interview. Great interview. Tom was a professional and projected a serious hardworking environment and seemed to be impressed with my background enough to invite me back for a second interview. Also met with marketing manager that echoed the same interests.

A week later, I was asked to take an IQ test. I completed the IQ test and waited for the companies response.

Two weeks later I received an email requesting that I come visit the office for my second interview.
On my second interview, I was to meet with Leo(Owner).

The interview started off well. He explained that my IQ score was the highest of all applicants for the position and that most of the applicants he met had a much lower IQ scores and was the norm for the position. I explained that I was a father and had not finished college but I was in the process of finishing my degree.

We reviewed my job history and up to that point let me know that I was great fit for this position and wanted to figure out a pay structure. That is when the interview took a turn for the worse.

Leo proceeded to ask inappropriate question after inappropriate question. Beginning with did I smoke cigarettes? He went as far as acknowledging that the question was inappropriate .

He spent the next 10 minutes asking me how he could know for sure that I knew how to use Microsoft Word and Excel since I had no college education. The 2 most basic computer programs known to man. I explained that past positions required the used of the programs and that I had knowledge.

He then spent another 5 minutes suggesting that the distance from my home to the office would be a problem. During my 1st interview, Tom Burzumato explained to me that his commute to the NYC was 20 minutes longer than my commute to NYC. Rockland County is less than a hour commute door to door.

Next Leo explained that I would be working closely with a female colleague (Marketing Manager)and that there would be no fraternizing in the office and that he would fire me on the spot. (I am engaged to be married)

At this point Leos voice had raised to the point that he was scolding me like a parent, slamming his hands on the conference table to the point where I thought I had insulted him in some way.

The interview ended with him standing up and asking me what I though of him personally. I replied "Obviously you are a serious person Leo."

I do believe that Leo profiled me due to my nationality (African-American)

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke Cigarettes?   1 Answer
  • Do you know how to use Microsoft word and excel after I explained that my past positions required the use of both programs   1 Answer
  • Will you be fraternizing with the female staff?   1 Answer
  • What did I think of me Personally?   1 Answer
  • How will get to work on time?   1 Answer