LECG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LECG Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at LECG

Forensic Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LECG (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I got the interview via a referral from someone who had worked at a different branch of the company. HR called me the same or next day to schedule the interview. Met with about 3 of 4 different people: CPA lead and some analysts. Asked me behavioral questions mostly, such as describe yourself using adjectives, how do you keep organized, etc. At the end, there was a tax return income statement in which you had provide bullet points of your thoughts of the document, and also some general research conceptual questions. Everyone was very nice, cordial, and amiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LECG (Evanston, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I was asked if I had written any papers using data, and then about how I collected data and documented what I was doing with it. There were also questions about demand and supply, what a complement and substitute goods are, to define elasticity, what the shape of an elastic and inelastic graph looks like, and a few other basic economics definitions.

Then I was asked about my previous internships and what I did, about my previous employers and how I got along with them. I felt as though the interviewer was provoking me to badmouth a previous supervisor, but I'm not sure.

Finally, I was asked about my coursework-- why I took certain classes, what I found particularly interesting, and what classes I was yet to take before I graduated.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LECG in November 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 associates; one seemed very friendly, the other was a bit more standoffish. They seemed mainly interested in previous research analytical background, especially with regard to experience in econometrics and applying it in previous internships, such as with think tanks and the like. No real case questions (this was a first-round). The last question was to describe an economic trend/event I'd been following, and they asked some mildly challenging but enjoyable follow-ups; there was no quantitative work/ questioning.The interview was held on-campus.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LECG in December 2009.

Interview

First round - 45 minute interview with an Analyst on my University campus. Very very basic questions about accounting. 90% Behavioral.

Second round - full day of interviews (I believe 4 total) + partnered presentation. Interviewed with two analysts and two higher-ups. Only a few technical questions (like 1 or two), the rest were behavioral. Followed by a case presentation working together with one other person. We were given 35 minutes to review a litigation case, and then 20 minutes or so to present it to two execs. Team effort throughout.

Interview Questions

• Name five skills you believe are essential for this job, and explain why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were in the middle of the merger so there was no signing bonus, no relocation assistance, nothing. Very difficult to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LECG (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Initally i submitted a cover letter and CV.

I then made it through to the first assessment day which involved a group casestudy and a numeracy test and a summary.
    The group case study included some quantitative stuff along with a presentaiton to the rest of the group as a two.

I passed the first stage and got invited back to a second round of interviews. This consisted of a two further inteviews one with a senior figure. Asking case study questions in addition to "so when will the financial crisis end?" etc.

Interview Questions

• Darling says the financial crisis is over, do you agree?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LECG in January 2008.

Interview

Simple interview. Knew I had the job immediately. No frills.