LEWIS Global Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LEWIS Global Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at LEWIS Global Communications

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Typical process for large agency; preliminary phone call with agency recruiter followed by longer phone call with account manager, submitted a couple writing samples, was called in for an interview a few weeks later. There was a delay between phone interviews and in-person interview because hiring for the position was put on hold. Went in for two in-person interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What have you pitched?
      What tech news do you follow?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I started talking with an HR liaison from the Lewis San Francsico office. After a phone screening, I met with the team in San Diego for a San Diego-based position and had a good experience. The team was approachable, interested in past experience and competitive when it came to discussing salary and benefits. They shared details about their office, scheduling, and what makes Lewis unique. There is a focus on technology and given that it is an international agency, they talked about the opportunity to work in another office within the global network via an exchange program.

Interview Questions

• The team was very interested in my past PR experience at other local San Diego agencies. They asked about experience in the tech space, asked about media relationships, secured coverage, work culture and preferences. The phone screening was more beneficial for me as they really shared a lot about the culture and expectations of the office and the role. The team in the SD office was really only concerned with learning about what my experience was like at a competitive agency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

They asked questions specifically relating to my experience in working with tech clients, recent tech-related articles I read and favorite reading material (list tech and social media-related pubs), my involvement in social media, in addition to the typical interview questions (i.e. my weaknesses, strengths, why do I want to work for them, etc.). The HR Manager is very friendly but don't let that relax you too much, be friendly back but maintain professionalism of course. The employees were interviewed me during the 2nd in-person interview were very friendly but asked very direct, sometimes difficult, questions. It seemed to go really well, I had a positive feeling about it all but competition is tough.

Interview Questions

• My weaknesses,how i handle mistakes, when asked to do something do I concentrate on the process or goal/end result?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications in June 2016.

Interview

My recruiter missed our phone interview 2 times in a row, claiming that something came up and then that my phone number wasn't working. When I asked if there was a number that I could call HER at instead, I never heard back. An unprofessional experience and indicative of the company.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications in August 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews, one in person interview. I thought the interviewers were condescending and unprepared. I know that schedules change but I was not able to speak with anyone I was scheduled to speak with; interviewers were always last minute alternates.

I thought the interviewers were condescending and unprepared. I felt that my time was not respected, consdiering how long the process took. Many emails and phone calls were not responded to promptly.

After six weeks I received an offer that was quite a bit lower than we had previously discussed. Very disappointing. Would not recommend this company based on these interactions.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications (Burlington, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiter is based in SF and she communicates with the office candidates apply for. Initially, the recruiter took two weeks to follow up for a phone interview. After further consideration, an account executive will contact the candidate by phone. If they like you from the call, they will invite you to an onsite interview, where you will be talking to three members of the team. Interview was very casual and the people in the office are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Lewis PR and why you chose to pursue an internship here.   Answer Question

Decided to pursue a different opportunity

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Talked with HR, EVP for US operations, then had to prepare a deck and assignment for larger group presentation within one weekend and was immediately rejected with no reason given.

Interview Questions

• What should be the correct balance of time between team management and new business development?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications.

Interview

Very strange. The recruiter was based out of their HQ in the UK which caused some delays in communications but nothing too out of the ordinary. The real odd part was that she set me up for a Skype call with the hiring manager but the hiring manager never showed up and I didn't have her contact info to get in touch with her. I had to email the hiring manager to get it sorted out which led to a series of awkward "we're sorry let's try again" emails. Then when I tried to reschedule they blew me off again and finally I just stopped hearing from them.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Incredibly rude recruiter.

We spoke on the phone for an initial screening, then I spoke to the hiring manager via telephone.

The recruiter then invited me onsite via email for an interview. I told her the time and day worked for me. I never heard back. She never confirmed.

The day I was supposed to come onsite, she called to ask where I was. I told her I never heard a confirmation.

SHE HUNG UP ON ME.

Obviously a lapse in communication, but this was extremely unprofessional and childish of her. Every single company I've interviewed at has sent me a confirmation with directions and sometimes parking information. A complete waste of my time. It's a disappointment to see such a failure in HR here.

PR Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LEWIS Global Communications in August 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call interview, which was very quick. I was told I would be set up with an in person interview, however I did not hear back right away. I emailed and eventually was set up with an in person interview. The interview was very quick and straightforward. I was put in a room with two associates and asked questions about resume and previous PR experience. I was told that I would get feedback the next day, however I did not receive any feedback until two weeks later when I emailed and asked.

Interview Questions

See What LEWIS Global Communications Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “LEWIS is a great place to work these days. The agency has gone through some changes over the past year, and while change is never easy, it's all for the better. Poor performers and bad...”“LEWIS is a great place to work these days. The agency has gone through some changes over the past year, and while change is never easy, it's all for the better. Poor performers and bad attitudes have been replaced by top notch talent. The US leadership team has had a complete overhaul over the past year and we now have dedicated, smart leaders who truly care about the people and the agency and actually know what they are doing. New biz is on the upswing. We are doing great work for our clients. We're encouraged to work hard and pushed to deliver great results but no one is stretched too thin and work-life balance is the best at any agency I've ever seen. I feel like I matter and that there are lots of opportunities to grow. It's a happy place that I look forward to coming to each day.” – Full Review