LG Electronics USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LG Electronics USA Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.7

Interview

Submitted resume online, got an email couple days later to set up a phone interview with the Senior Manager. Then, got a confirmation for a second interview- in person. When into the company and the whole interview process took a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are some crazy promotion ideas you have for launching a new flagship phone?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

First got a call from HR to set up phone interview within a day or two after submitting resume on their website, then had a phone interview with management of department, afterwards had an on-site interview and a final interview a couple of days later. Took several phone calls/e-mails and having to follow up with HR of results and negotiation to finally get offer letter.

Regional Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (Englewood, NJ).

Interview

I was transferred from location to location as HQ's FSE (Foreign Service Employee) rotation process.
    Was noticed by the HQ's HR, then set up to visit for an interview. CEO runs in a very tight schedule so setting up the interview time was the hardest part. I was then in other State so had to fly in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Had an interview with CEO of LGEUS   1 Answer

Negotiation

As an FSE, you have "0" to negotiate where you follow with the program. FSE's and local employees have different structure.

Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA in April 2016.

Interview

applied online and got contacted by email. Brief phone interview was conducted and In-person interview with sales director and other two more staff. a few weeks later, I was invited to the 2nd interview with VP and HR head.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty much about my past jobs based on my resume, pretty easy and straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (New York, NY).

Interview

LG's internships are through KOCHAM, an organization that finds qualified college students to work long hours at internships for zero pay. First you get a phone interview with KOCHAM, then an in-person interview with LG.

At the end of my phone interview, the KOCHAM interviewer told me this was the last step, and there was no in-person interview (maybe they didn't like me). Weeks later, I was accepted by LG and found from my peers that KOCHAM did have the in-person interviews, where KOCHAM, the companies, and candidates all met and had group/1-on-1 interviews. The companies thought I was invited and ditched my interview on purpose. For some reason, they chose to accept me anyway.

Overall this whole interview process with KOCHAM and LG was a negative experience in all ways. It was extremely unprofessional on all fronts. I was lied to by both parties - by KOCHAM about the interviews and by LG about responsibilities of this role.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (Troy, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied directly to LG via email.
    An email was sent to me by the office manager to inform me that an interview has been scheduled for xx date and let them know if this time didn't suit me. I went to the interview and there were 3 ppl in the panel who just went through my resume and asked a couple of behavioural questions. It all went really well and at the end of the interview they said they would let me know by the end of the week if I made it to the next round ( second interview) but I never heard back from them. I tried contacting them for feedback but they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What is the salary range you are looking for   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA in August 2015.

Interview

The first words that came out of the Senior Logistics Manager's mouth when I was greeted at the door was "Oh, I thought you were Korean, I am so sorry."

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial contact from HR --> Phone interview with Manager --> face-to-face interview --> refer to another position --> second face-to-face interview with different department manager --> offered the job --> Salary negotiation with HR --> set start date --> started working

Program(Project) Managing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (Troy, MI).

Interview

1st: They invited me in their workplace, and then two employees are interviewed with me. They asked some detail about the resume, and they give brief tour of the company.

2nd: Several people including executive and team members of the positions had come to interview me. They extensively asked behavioral question. I think this is for distinguishing whether the personality of applicant is suitable for the position.

The interview is done entirely in English.
    The atmosphere of the company make me feel that the company works fast.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LG Electronics USA (Scotia, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager. She gave me an overview of the company and job. I described how my experience could be used in this job. Then received tour of factory and an overview of the job from current QA specialist. Met the production manager. Realized I wasted my time because they were not paying enough for the qualifications of the job.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make an hour?   1 Answer