LG&E and KU Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

The first contact was a brief phone interview, with standard questions about how I heard about the job, why I was interested, confirming resume bullet points, etc. After, I was brought in for a panel interview with an HR person, and several from the corporate counsel team, including the supervisor of the role I was interviewing for. All STAR questions, e.g. "tell me about a time you had to balance what was best for the company with what was best for the customer." Following the interview, I was asked to submit a written answer to a question, with the research already attached.

Interview Questions

• Example question: "Your supervisor asks you for your opinion, but you are undecided about which course is best. How do you respond?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my college's job board type website. Within a week my future boss emailed me to set up a phone interview. Asked what kinds of courses I was taking, what my hardest course was, why I wanted to work for KU, etc.. Pretty standard stuff, shouldn't be any surprises. I was prepared and answered all questions promptly and with confidence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you performed well under pressure.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied to position, received email asking if I would like to participate in a phone screen for the position, participated in long phone screen with corporate recruiter, follow up email asking me to answer four questions, replied to email with answers to questions, then received an email indicating I was dropped from consideration.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my background, leadership style, position history, fiscal level of responsibility, and size of team managed.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for this position online, via the company's website. I received an initial phone interview for another position. However, after speaking with the HR contact, she determined that I needed to be considered for a higher level position. She referred my application to the hiring manager. About 10 days later, I interviewed with the Director and I am still waiting for the results of the background check to see what the next steps will be.

Interview Questions

• Account for gaps in employment.   2 Answers

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview, I met with 3 people. The interview was about an hour, with little time left for questions at the end. Then I had an hour to do a writing assessment. The ladies were very pleasant (except that one rarely looked up from her phone, which was a bit disconcerting -- maybe an interview technique to see how I handled it?), & I felt good about it. I don't think I had all the qualifications they were looking for, & I completely understand that. Here is my issue: When you say you're moving fast (as in within the week), & I'll hear back either way, please follow through. My interview was at the beginning of April. It's now almost the end of May, & I've not heard a word. I followed up with a thank you to all 3 ladies.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions -- describe my duties, what were my strengths & weaknesses, describe challenges I'd faced & accomplishments I was particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

they work through a contracting company for all entry level administrative positions. Phone interview with the hiring manager, very short and simple process and even less training for administrative positions. You complete an online application, take a brief test for admin ability, never speak to anyone in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• do you have any family working here   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer was made. not negotialble

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in September 2013.

Interview

Met with HR and supervisor. Didn't have a clear understanding of my work responsibilities but I took the job and it was an excellent decision. I have had several other interviews and this interview was quite possibly the least technical and easiest.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Asked about previous work experience and school understanding.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

Behavior Questions, Talked about my previous job, How i work with others.. What my goals were. Where I wanted to see my self in the future.. Just basic interview questions.. The behavior questions were a little difficult

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with a person you work with who was hard to get along with   1 Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position, and received a call approx. two weeks later asking to submit to a phone interview. The phone interview went well, consisting of mainly behavioral based interview questions. Approx. three weeks after the phone interview, the company asked me to come to their headquarters for the interview. After two or three weeks had passed since the interview, I called the individual who would have been my supervisor, who informed me that I had not been chosen.

The company did reimburse me for mileage.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation at work where you were met with ambiguity, and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation at work where you were confronted with something that conflicted with your ethics and morals, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy.

Interview

Interviewed at the plant the opening was at. Interviewed on Thursday, Offered on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions - interview is more to see what kind of student/person you are, how much you know about the company etc etc....no situation based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay negotiation - salary is set for co-ops based on credit hours.