LG&E and KU Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied to position, received email asking if I would like to participate in a phone screen for the position, participated in long phone screen with corporate recruiter, follow up email asking me to answer four questions, replied to email with answers to questions, then received an email indicating I was dropped from consideration.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my background, leadership style, position history, fiscal level of responsibility, and size of team managed.   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview, I met with 3 people. The interview was about an hour, with little time left for questions at the end. Then I had an hour to do a writing assessment. The ladies were very pleasant (except that one rarely looked up from her phone, which was a bit disconcerting -- maybe an interview technique to see how I handled it?), & I felt good about it. I don't think I had all the qualifications they were looking for, & I completely understand that. Here is my issue: When you say you're moving fast (as in within the week), & I'll hear back either way, please follow through. My interview was at the beginning of April. It's now almost the end of May, & I've not heard a word. I followed up with a thank you to all 3 ladies.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions -- describe my duties, what were my strengths & weaknesses, describe challenges I'd faced & accomplishments I was particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Vendor Coordinator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

5 panel standard behavioral interview lasted exactly one hour. They failed to notify the security guard I was expected so I was left in the parking lot for about 30 minutes while the poor guard tried to contact someone to allow me entrance. He finally gave up! Thank GOD I got there early. They were so busy asking me questions and taking notes I was only allowed to ask them one question and I was run out the door as if the building was on fire. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker. How do you organize your time? Tell me about your degree. Tell me about a time when you took the initiative to complete a project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in December 2015.

Interview

After applying, if you are selected as a candidate you will do a phone interview. If you are chosen to move forward in the process, you will take a quiz on location with basic math and customer service questions, along with business proprietary questions based on information you are presented. If you pass, you will receive and email inviting you to interview in person. 3 Panel interview with, so be prepared. Basic customer service behavioral questions.

Associate Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

The first contact was a brief phone interview, with standard questions about how I heard about the job, why I was interested, confirming resume bullet points, etc. After, I was brought in for a panel interview with an HR person, and several from the corporate counsel team, including the supervisor of the role I was interviewing for. All STAR questions, e.g. "tell me about a time you had to balance what was best for the company with what was best for the customer." Following the interview, I was asked to submit a written answer to a question, with the research already attached.

Interview Questions

• Example question: "Your supervisor asks you for your opinion, but you are undecided about which course is best. How do you respond?"   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

they work through a contracting company for all entry level administrative positions. Phone interview with the hiring manager, very short and simple process and even less training for administrative positions. You complete an online application, take a brief test for admin ability, never speak to anyone in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• do you have any family working here   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer was made. not negotialble

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Met with a managing member of the group in a small office. The interview was easy and fair.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing I would do when I got into my office.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my college's job board type website. Within a week my future boss emailed me to set up a phone interview. Asked what kinds of courses I was taking, what my hardest course was, why I wanted to work for KU, etc.. Pretty standard stuff, shouldn't be any surprises. I was prepared and answered all questions promptly and with confidence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you performed well under pressure.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy.

Interview

Interviewed at the plant the opening was at. Interviewed on Thursday, Offered on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions - interview is more to see what kind of student/person you are, how much you know about the company etc etc....no situation based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay negotiation - salary is set for co-ops based on credit hours.

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LG&E and KU Energy in September 2013.

Interview

Met with HR and supervisor. Didn't have a clear understanding of my work responsibilities but I took the job and it was an excellent decision. I have had several other interviews and this interview was quite possibly the least technical and easiest.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Asked about previous work experience and school understanding.   Answer Question