LGS Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LGS Innovations (Florham Park, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, then a phone screen by a software engineer. After that they bring you in for 3 hours of interviews each lasting 30 to 40 minutes of in depth technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about how I would see myself fitting in to their product line, without a good explanation of the specific products that they develop at that location.   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview process with us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LGS Innovations (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn about a Software Engineer position in Herndon, VA. I did not reply to the initial message. The following week, the recruiter followed up expressing interest and providing information about an upcoming job fair. I contacted the recruiter and informed him that I am not actively looking for employment, however, I would debate switching jobs if I was interested in the position and company. The phone screen went well and he said that multiple hiring managers were interested in my resume and would like to have an in-person interview. I scheduled the interview the day of the job fair and followed up asking for a job description before the in-person interview. I did not receive a response or an update regarding the job description. I arrived early to the in-person interview (at the Sheraton in Reston) and expected to interview at the arranged time. Instead, I had to wait an hour to finally be interviewed. The room had 5 makeshift sections for interviewing behind curtains and a lobby with chairs for interviewees. Once I finally was brought back for the interview, the hiring manager went through my resume asking me to describe each position on my resume and barely asked any questions. He then let me know that someone else will come in to follow up with the interview and left the room. At this point, I expected a follow up interview with a member of the technical team. Instead, a recruiter enters and lets me know that they have had a lot of interviews and that they will follow up next week. Besides the hour long wait, this was the shortest interview I have ever had. I didn't learn anything about the interviewers position within the company, about the desired skills/technologies for the position, and I wasn't given an opportunity to ask any questions because he rushed out of the room. The following week, I receive an email from a recruiter (not the same recruiter as before) saying that I wasn't a fit for the position, but they would like me to participate in another job fair event in the upcoming 2 weeks. I didn't dignify the email with a response. This was the worst interview I have had in my career and I was very disappointed with the experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer went through each position on my resume and asked me to describe the skills/technologies involved.   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience at one of our career fairs. We have had great success with these in the past, but are always looking for ways to improve the... More

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LGS Innovations (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

Overall, I was impressed with HR and the people who interviewed me. They asked legit questions that were both hard and easy. But these people definitely knew how to properly treat an applicant.

Interview Questions

• Common question: What's the difference between a heap and stack?   1 Answer

Welcome to LGS!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LGS Innovations in December 2016.

Interview

Met with upper level management, reviewed my resume, and discussed position. Then spoke of goals both personal and professional. They also questioned about some of the projects i had done in school.

Interview Questions

• Comfortable with traveling and programming?   1 Answer

Welcome aboard!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LGS Innovations.

Interview

Very quick turnaround. Met at career fair, and had an on-site interview the next day after meeting them. Very professional, but did not give me a final, definitive answer.

Interview Questions

LGS Innovations Response

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

Thanks for coming out to our college career fair. We appreciate the hard work that future engineers are putting in to their educations and skills sets, and we really enjoy meeting so many bright... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LGS Innovations (Golden, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Attended university job fair. Spoke with recruiter about past experience, had impromptu 30 minute interview in private area. Had phone interview after that, then was hired. Technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

LGS Innovations Response

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We love our interns!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LGS Innovations in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a technical manager over the phone. They didn't ask anything too technical and were mainly interested in my prior work experience. I told them about some of the projects I was working on in school and what my prior experience was like. The interview may have been more casual since I already had plenty of experience in the subject matter they were interested in.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get any technical questions. Just clarifying questions about work experience.   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

We love our interns! Thanks for the review!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLeansville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LGS Innovations (McLeansville, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Meet with the HR manager, talked with her for about 15 minutes. Then Introduced to the lead supervisor I would be working with and had about a 20 minute interview with him.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in an office environment where you had to support multiple users and also answer sims tickets.   1 Answer

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

Glad you had a positive experience! Thanks for working with us as an intern!

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LGS Innovations.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, and followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager 3 weeks later. 2 weeks later, I was contacted for an on site interview. This position was on the edge of my experience, but the salary and opportunity to work with more advanced technology was attractive.

Unfortunately, after the interview my thank you email was never responded to, and I never heard back either positive or negative. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Your experience is mostly in X industry. Why do you want to enter ours?   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2019 – Digital Marketing Specialist

We are sorry you had a negative experience during your interview process. Even during times of rapid growth like we are experiencing now, we strive to provide feedback to each of our candidates and... More

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LGS Innovations (Westminster, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Summary: WASTE OF TIME. Details: Two phone screens followed by a day long onsite interview. I communicated salary requirements to HR in an email so explicit as to say something like “I need an offer of $X to consider this position”. The HR rep responded explicitly writing something like “A salary of $X is in our range for this position.” After that mutual, two way agreement we agree to proceed with the onsite. On the day of the onsite nobody came to greet me in the lobby. After about 15 minutes I ask security to see what’s going on. Shortly thereafter an HR rep arrives and apologizes that the person who was handling the interview is on vacation. We then proceed to a conference room for a teleconference interview with some technical staff on the east coast. It takes about 15 minutes to set up the teleconference and we are on our way, now about 40 minutes late. Technical staff were pleasant and knowledgeable. Nobody asked any hard questions which was concerning for me. Weeks later the HR rep contacted me by phone: “Great news! We can make you an offer of $0.8X!” I reminded them of our previous conversation and am met with radio silence. After a long delay they did remit payment for my rental car and hotel.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Offer was significantly less than what we agreed upon before the onsite. Offer was significantly less than my last position in this region of the country.

Apr 3, 2018 – Marketing

We’re sorry to hear that your interview experience with LGS was disappointing. We place a strong emphasis on our talented employees, and as a candidate we strive to treat you with courtesy and... More