LRP Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LRP Publications Interview Questions

2.6

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LRP Publications (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an in-office interview with a product group manager and the director of marketing. The interview was casual and conversational, and I felt comfortable talking with them and answering their questions. They reviewed my resume, asked about my interest in the company and position, and asked some general behavioral based questions. The in-office interview also included a grammar test and a Microsoft Excel test.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your biggest weakness in terms of this position?   Answer Question

Legal Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LRP Publications.

Interview

First Interview comprised of a telephone interview. Mostly just vetted my work experience, asked for me to walk him through typical day at each of my different employers. Then asked me to explain some other credentials on my Resume. They then said that i had qualified for the next portion of the interview which consisted of Writing a mock article, similar to one that would have been published in one of their publications. Lastly, they brought me in for a personal interview. At the personal interview i met with the recruiter for another short interview session which mostly consisted of explaining what makes you qualified. They then brought in the managing editor, who does their own interview, asks more personal questions regarding your background.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Horsham, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume on LRP Website. Recruiter from Florida called two days later. Asked me very mundane questions and was rushing me. It was almost like I was an inconvenience to him. He said if they were interested for bringing me in for a 2nd interview they would call back within the week. He sent me a rejection letter saying they went with someone else, then proceeded to go on his LinkedIn page asking for resumes for the same job I just interviewed on. Very unprofessional. Honestly judging from the brutal reviews here it looks like I dodged a bullet.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LRP Publications.

Interview

You get a call from the internal recruiter. Then a followup call again from the same recruiter with some interview questions. Then the same recruiter sets up a call with the hiring manager. Then you meet the hiring manager in their office. You get about 15 mins of questions. If they like you then you get another very brief interview with the hiring manager. If they still like you then you get a job offer.

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview conducted asking lengthy questions off the beaten track!

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked had nothing to do with customer service! They asked about everything on your resume, but in an accusing way! According to current employees, there is a lot of nepotism within the company's management team and maybe the interview process is a lot easier when hiring family?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, in-person interview, met with some of the other employees there. It was a good, smooth experience overall. The recruiter responding to my inquires quickly and provided good direction on my next steps.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Palm Beach Gardens, FL).

Interview

Hiring and interview process is pretty basic. Starts with a phone interview that leads to a personal interview. Background and credit check performed along with drug screen after job offer. Questions are basic "sell me this pen" kind of questions. What's your best skill and what's your worst skill. Why should we hire you? They are looking for your honest answer not going to fall for "answers that you think they want".

Interview Questions

• What's more important to you...a title or job growth?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Set in stone.

Writer, Education Daily Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

When I first interviewed at LRP Publications, I was told to come to teh West Palm Beach office. Once there, I was greeted with teh HR manager, who then directed me to the direct manager I would be working under. From there, I met with the head manager. All conversatiosn were more about personality than skills. I got the feeling that more than anything, they really have to "like" the person they are working with. I received a brief overview of the details of the job from the direct manager. Once done, he set me up with a writing test that I had about 3 days to complete. Once submitted, I was told that they decided to hrie someone else. Everyone involved was professional, direct and friendly. I didn't get the job, but liked how the company handled the hiring process adn would definitely apply again.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had direct experience relating to a specific of the position and in what way I demonstrated those skills.   1 Answer

Trade Show Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Horsham, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Rec a call from the recruiter. She was nice and told me I'd get a call either way. The woman that interview me made me wait for 20 minutes. She then told me if I was selected for a 2nd interview I'd have to give a full presentation for a group of people. They are adament abt you going in the office. No working from home. They expect you to give your life for them. I did not get the 2nd interview but I was nt int in working for them anyway.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most important person frm your last position that you had contact with?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LRP Publications (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview - HR Department
    Face to Face - Sales Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotation