LSG Sky Chefs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LSG Sky Chefs Interview Questions

Interviews at LSG Sky Chefs

2.5

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

first received a phone interview, then a face to face interview.
    sat in a presentation room with 8 other candidates and listen to each other answers the managers questions.

Controller - SAN Jose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (San Jose, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I normally don't post about interviews, but in this case I wanted others to know what the situation is on the inside. Working in the finance/accounting field generally requires you to work on some holidays, but the schedule for this place is the worst I have ever come across.
    My interview was for a contract to hire Controller position. It was set up with a recruiter who was pushing me to accept an interview with them trying to sell me on the fantastic training. I did my research via LinkedIn and noticed the last person only lasted 6 months, and the one before that only 2 years. I looked at the SFO location and the prior controller there lasted only 2 years, so my guard was up. The first interview was a phone screen with the HR rep, Alice, and I liked her. Actually, I really liked everyone, especially Sanjay, the new controller for SFO, and the workers at the plant were awesome, too. I next met with Sanjay onsite. The facility had excellent procedures and controls and they were followed by all staff.
    The biggest problem for me was the schedule. I have worked for other companies that run 24/7, but never where the accounting staff had to be around more than at month end or quarter end for extended hours. Here, they have 3 physical inventories per month, at 2 am on Sundays which must be attended in person. My understanding is that of 8 weekend days per month, this position would need to work at least half of them, and then the person would need to somehow figure out which day in the middle of the week they could trade for. I was then given an example where those days in the middle of the week never materialized because the reporting needed to happen according to the timeline. I was told I would NEVER have a holiday off because the schedule is 24/7 and they have so many PI's and weekly reporting.
    The people here seem really fantastic, but you would have to give up literally ALL holidays and half your weekends without comps to fulfill the duties of this controllership. That was not something that would work for me so I ended the interview early.
    Secondary note for companies who think "comping" a weekend day or holiday for a day in the middle of the week: Unless you can also provide a comp day for all my family members from work and for my children in school, too, it isn't an equal comp. Taking weekends and holidays from people means you are permanently taking that time away from the ones we love. They can't get that day off as comp and therefore it is a day forever lost.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Anchorage, AK) in December 2018.

Interview

Very professional interview. Faced the usual interview questions, however the HR staff member was very friendly and inviting. Afterwards I was given a tour of the facility and an intro to the basic operations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced a difficult situation at work and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2018.

Interview

Great interview. Excited me to the point that I left my current job. There will be approximately 10 days from the written offer to the actual first day of work.

Interview Questions

• How do I organize projects/menu tastings.   2 Answers
    • What would I need to be successful in the position.   1 Answer

Airline Beverage Equipment Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview was a bit longer than expected but nonetheless, the best I'd ever experienced anywhere. The staff was very friendly, the facility was spotless, no yelling! It was lovely. Just be prepared to take your drug screen upon completion of your verbal interview. background checks run concurrent with your drug screen results.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do here at LSG? What do you think of when you hear the term "sky chefs"?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin Gardens Colonia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Austin Gardens Colonia, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I went to my interview filled out the application. I talked with the hiring manager for about 10 minutes. She took me on the tour and ended the interview. She asked me like 10 questions all together. After that I had to talk with with HR. Signed a offer letter and did a drug test. Now wait on them to call me back

Interview Questions

• How important is attendance to you.
      Do you like working with others or alone.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs in December 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview the next day. The interview was quick. Only asked about 4 or 5 questions. They explained what i would be doing as part of the job duties. After the interview they say they will be conducting other interviews and they will call you back if you are hired for a drug test. If you hear that most likely you didnt get the job, trust me i heard that many times before.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was a good experience, where I grew up as a person, and they taught me the rules of the company, duties and obligations , salaries, hourly, and disciplines

Food Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

when I get there they say I cant interview for the job I wanted it has to be assembler and I was basically forced to agree at that point. she was very rude, she acted like she was better than everyone and it was kind of annoying but we both knew I needed the job.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work 40+ hours every week   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LSG Sky Chefs (Anchorage, AK) in December 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with corporate HR. I was invited for a second interview with the facilities HR Manager. The third interview was with multiple people including another operations supervisor, HR manager, and the general manager.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of situational questions. They were also keen on you being available to work any shift in their 24/7 operation.   Answer Question