LSU Interview Questions in Baton Rouge, LA | Glassdoor

2.3

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the department chair, who was also my former statistics professor. He was kind and helpful. He described the position and which professors I would be working with. We talked about my career goals and job opportunities that would likely be available to me after I graduated. The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working in private industry or at a research university after you graduate?
      Do you think you can handle working 20 hours a week while going to classes full time?
      What area of educational research interests you?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with the lead on my project to discuss the project requirements and my interest. I was notified that I can work on the project if I'm interested.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

As a freshman, I went to the department I wanted to work for and asked if they had any student worker jobs open. They placed me in a position. Later, I was asked if I wanted to move up a position, so I did. The person in charge of the new position asked me a few questions and I was hired.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

First a telephone interview, then flown out for in-person interviews with group panel and department heads and lunch. Slightly delayed process due to university holidays. Later participated in multiple interview processes that involved the entire department, seeking the right fit for each position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a question from someone you were having trouble understanding?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Excellent communication, met all members of hiring department in an informative, but not overwhelming settings. 1 executive, 1 director and 1 peer participated in the interview for a well rounded perspective on what the role offered.

Interview Questions

• What more do you want to know about the job we do here?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator UREC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was over Skype to a committee of 7 people. They asked questions one and at time then all stared and jotted down things you said. They told me they would follow up the next week regardless if I received I was moving on or not but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a week long marketing plan for an even this weekend.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Th interview process for LSU involved a group interview with the leadership of the department I applied for. Each panel member read from the same sheet and asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with software related to fundraising used on this campus?   Answer Question

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult at all. The hiring manager was very easy to talk to and simply wanted to understand what type of person I was. They asked about my time availability and took it into consideration once I started working. The entire process did not take very long.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. I had previously taken the class and did well so I was offered a teaching assistant position when I went to thank him for helping me through the class

GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a long tedious process to submit all materials needed. Asked if needed assistantship and was formally introduced to all staff and faculty. Felt very comfortable and at home.