LTI Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 25, 2017

2.8

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

Aptitude test followed by a group discussion and 2 interviews- Technical and HR
Aptitude test was of average difficulty
Simple questions on C++ and JAVA. Some SQL questions.
Basic HR questions. Why this company? Location preferences.

Interview Questions

• Find second largest grade using single sql query   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LTI

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTI in February 2014.

Interview

There can be five rounds of interview depends on the time.
    1st round - Aptitude - Contains both Maths and Verbal (Most Important)
    2nd round - Group Discussion
    3rd round - Essay Writing (Your essay will be evaluated in HR round)
    4th round - Technical (They will check your technical skills)
    5th round - HR

Interview Questions

• I am always afraid of Group discussion. Usually all IT companies do not take GD round. But L & T infotech takes.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTI (Mumbai (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I recently participated in an On-campus LTI recruitment drive and got selected as Graduate Trainee Engineer in LTI. Here, I want to share my first day to last day experience with you.
    Day 1:
    Aptitude round: The first round was general aptitude round. We had to complete 50 questions in 60 minutes. The questions were divided into 10 quantitative questions, 10 logical reasoning questions, 10 verbal questions, 10 technical questions(C-Language), 10 DBMS questions.

Group discussion round: The second round was the GD round where we 14 were made to sit in a semi-circle. Topic for GD was “Parents in today's generation do not understand their children”.

Paragraph writing round: Third round was paragraph writing round on topic “An exciting day in my life”.

Day 2:
    Technical Interview round: Interviewer looked through my resume and asked which languages i know or have i did any certification. Later he asked me to write a java program on string reverse, where he told me to take input as my name and reverse it and print each letter on new line

HR Interview round: HR interviewer asked me about my day so far and then she asked me about what i think about current Indian government system, are you for or against and asked me any government's move which i appreciate.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to write string reverse program to reverse my name & asked some random questions related to programming language mentioned in my resume, about my internship project etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTI (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1.Online test : Aptitude, verbal, programming(C, C++, mainly data structure), DBMS (basic, 10 questions).
    2.Group discussion
    3.Essay writing- Not an elimination round
    4.Technical Round - In SQL what are joints, inner joints, outer joints, what is indexing ? don't say you don't know anything about SQL, tell him what you know. then I was asked to write a C program of string reversal.
    5.HR round

Interview Questions

• write a C program of string reversal   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

Total number of students attended:120
    1st round- Online(Aptitude,verbal,programming,DBMS)
      50 students were shortlisted after round 1
    2nd round-Group Discussion
      34 were shortlisted from round 2
    3rd round-Paragraph writing
    4th round-Technical interview
    5th round-HR interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTI in October 2017.

Interview

1.Aptitude:50ques60min(DBMS,Programming,Quant ,LR,Verbal)
    2.Group Discussion on random topics such as "Mobile should be banned in college or not","Computerization leads to unemployment"etc.
    3. Pagraph writing
    4.Technical Interview(basic concepts of DS,OS,Linux,SDLC,Resume)
    5.HR (assessing para and communication skills)
    **Except para writing all other are eliminator rounds.

Application

Interview

Round 1 Online test : Aptitude, verbal, programming(C, C++), DBMS, SQL.
    Round 2 Group Discussion (Elimination round)
    Round 4 Essay Writing (Not an Elimination round, it will be evaluated in HR Interview)
    Round 3 Technical Interview(Basic Programming knowledge, SQL, microprocessor, C,C++)
    Round 4 HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Explain bitwise operator?
      Why is #include used in C C++?
      Basic about microprocessor.
      A simple program to print prime number in given range .   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTI (Chennai (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

online test with quantitative aptitude,logical,database management systems and technical questions followed by a group discussion round and technical and hr rounds.Online test had all the basics of the particular section with moderate difficulty.After which ,group discussion round was about 20 minutes providing 5 minutes to think about the given topic.Out of 15 members,13 were selected.Following which there was technical round and hr round.

Interview Questions

• what are the kinds of polymorphism?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LTI (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Online Aptitude
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Paragraph Writing
    4. Technical Interview
    5. HR Interview

Although, the whole process was overwhelming, I would advise all the candidates to research about the company and practise the regular questions they ask. Make your resume attractive. Secondly, visit all the placement related website and research about the pattern of process the company follows. It is essential to have predetermined notion about the company as it will help you to create strategy for the same. Lastly, don’t panic and be yourself.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTI in September 2017.

Interview

1) Aptitude
    2)GD
    3) Paragraph writing (non eliminating)
    4) Technical interview
    5) HR interview

Aptitude has 5 sections... Quantitative, Logical, Verbal, Programming and DBMS
    Range was varying from easy to medium but there was sectional cuttoff
    I cleared it. In GD the moderator was friendly....he told that please don't make it a debate, let everyone speak....... only 1 guy got eliminated because he spoke in a negative tone... The topic was" Should private tutions be banned?"

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions   1 Answer