LUSH North America Keyholder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LUSH North America Keyholder Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview, which was filled with basic questions about my experience and what I know about the company. Following the first phone interview I was asked to go to the store I was applying for and secret shop them then fill out a (lengthy and detailed) questionnaire. The day after I did the secret shop I had a follow-up interview to talk about my experience and a few more questions. The area manager was in town the next week so I met with her to chat over coffee. That went very well so two days later I interviewed in store with the area manager, the store manager, and an MIT. First we talked about my experience and why I want to work at LUSH. Next we watched the store from the outside as I was quizzed on what I saw and what I would change. Then we went in-store and I was shown the "perfect customer interaction." After that we did some role playing as a floor leader and how I interpret their numbers/sales and what impact I could have on them. That interview was on Friday, the following Monday I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Was emailed about a hiring fair for a new shop location. Interviewed with 3 other people and practiced demoing products and had a short one on one interview.

Was emailed a week later with a job offer. Training was held at a hotel and was a 40 hour week. So much information. Keyholders were secretly picked at the end of the week, and I had to fight my way up to that position. I now feel that other associates resent me for it.

Shop opening dates were not set in stone, and some of the work was not finalized. when our shop finally did open, we got tons of hours. It was awesome. two weeks late, everyone's hours were cut in half. Since then employees are dropping like flies. It really isn't the job we thought we were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable touching people/preforming facials/ arm massages?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Tacoma, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted an online resume/cover letter for both the Keyholder/Floor leader and sales floor associate positions. 2 weeks later I received an invitation to a hiring fair. There were 3 days with 10am, 12, & 3 pm times available and it was a first-come, first-serve situation. I was asked to request a time and date and also submit my upcoming availability. I got my first choice of 10am on the first day and told to bring a copy of my resume. Apparently that was the most requested time.

There were about 15 of us there, with 4 no-shows. We were told that they would be hiring for about 20 positions and were being interviewed by the new location's manager and a manager-in-training from another location. There was supposed to be a third interviewer, but she had called in sick.

We were told to fill out an availability sheet when we got there. Having fun was emphasized the whole time. At first we played an ice breaker, we were paired up and told to get to know the other person who we then introduced to the group. There were tables set up in the back of the room with Lush products on them, and we were then moved over there and given a demonstration of how to interact with the customers. The demonstration was too long really and ate up a lot of time. Then we were grouped into different pairs and told to sell to each other and provide feedback. I've been using Lush for almost 4 years but unfortunately there were only 2 products there that I had any experience with. There were cheat-sheet descriptions there that you could use to help describe the product and that was really helpful. We were told to use emotive words - words like spicy and exhilarating, but NOT "awesome". If you were interested in a managerial position you were told to occasionally oversee other's interactions and provide assistance/feedback/constructive criticism to them.

While we were doing the selling, people were pulled off by the manager to be interviewed. They weren't planning their time well. The first interview took a really long time, I remember looking up after my 3rd or 4th product demonstration and thinking "wow, she's just getting done now?" That meant that each of us afterwords had less and less time. The manager kept on apologizing which was nice. Unfortunately I was 4th from the last to be interviewed and I had maybe 5 minutes to answer 3 questions. I tried to emphasize how much I love Lush/want to work for the company/am qualified etc but I could tell the manager was distracted by how much time this was taking. That hurried sense ended up stressing me out as well. The whole process was only supposed to be 1.5 hours but ended up being 2 hours 10 minutes. Despite the time issue it was a lot of fun, really the first interview I have ever enjoyed.

We were told that we would receive an email letting us know by the end of the third day of interviews. We were instructed to be on the look out for the email because paperwork had to be submitted by the end of the very next day. Then they would start an intensive mandatory training session the following Saturday-Wednesday. I received my very nice group email telling me that there were other more qualified applicants at 11:31 the night of the third day. In the interview we were told that all applications would be kept on file for more hiring as the store got settled and for the holiday season so it was entirely possible that even if we didn't make it this time we would the next. This was not mentioned in the email however.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you saw out there in the demonstrations (both yourself and others). Any criticisms? Any praises? What is one word we haven't heard about you yet that will describe why you are perfect for Lush. I was also asked to go a little bit into my availability.   Answer Question

Seasonal Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Clinton Township, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

easy fun and simple

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Detroit, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

You are usually in a group interview. Make sure you stand out from the others by having an upbeat, energetic personality without over doing it. It helps if you research some of the products and/or the company first. Make sure to volunteer to demonstrate products on people, as that is mostly what they are looking for. Do not be afraid to give a very luxurious demonstration. At LUSH, it is our job to touch people's arms/hands/face and give them great product experiences. Product knowledge is definitely appreciated!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about LUSH as a company?   1 Answer

Keyholder/Floor Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. took nearly 3 hours. did rounds with three employees giving demos of products. Sat down with the manager for about two minutes and felt a lot of attitude but then recieved a call back a week later for a in store demo with the manager. we demoed more products and talked about sales experience.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America in June 2010.

Interview

First you hand in a resume or send one online, no in-store applications. Then, you will be called, if qualified, for a group interview. This is your time to shine, stand out, be loud by answering questions, if you don't know what you are doing, FAKE it! Then you will have a floor trial if they like you. This is your opportunity to sell, sell, sell! Lush doesn't advertise, so they nee people who could sell ice to eskimos, without being rude or pushy. If they like you, they will call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Everyone starts out the same.