LUSH North America Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LUSH North America Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

Group hiring event, wanted to see how we interact with other people, and our social skills, our learning styles and what sort of interest we have in their product, and the overall vibe we deliver.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LUSH North America

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

I applied during a job fair. They had you break off into groups and do short activities like explaining the products to one another. It was fun and easy. After that there was a second round of interviews the next week where you do the same thing.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Denver, CO).

Interview

LUSH does group interviews. You go in as a big group (my group had about 20) and then they divided us up into smaller groups. Each group was paired with a current employee who would do an example of how to demo and talk about a product. Then they had each of us try on one another. They listened to how we held conversations, remembered product details, and handled the experience of touching strangers. While the group was doing this, the manager and manager in training would pull one of us away for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why LUSH?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite LUSH product.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time a customer was upset and you redeemed the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associated Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

-Filled out an Availability Form
    -Brought inside store with a group under 10
    -Described Favorite lush product
    -Split into two groups and pairs to conduct lush product demos
    -Practiced Loud and Prouds: Store wide demos
    Time: about 2.5 hrs

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at lush?
      What do you need to sell a product?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was so much fun! I applied for position in a store that was just opening so the 'hiring party' was in another part of the mall.There was about 20 other girls in my group and we were told that we were the first of two hiring parties. They gave us name tags and little lush books upon entry and then told us a little bit about the company. If theres rows of seats make sure to sit up front at least act very interested. The whole time they were playing fun 80s pop music and it honestly had a very relaxed fun vibe. Then they split us up into four groups and asked us some ice breaker questions. We then demoed different products on each other while the leaders of our groups (MITs and managers of other stores) took notes and what not. I can honestly say I didn't do the best at selling the products/demoing on the other girls (ie. forgeting ingredients and whatnot) I didn't have an issue touching them though, but i made sure to have a very fun upbeat vibe, cracking jokes along the way and what not. Just act like everyone there is your best friend and you're hanging out. We then rotated until we had gone to all the different stations where they'd ask different questions about our passions and why we wanted to work for lush and everything. They then sat us down and asked if any of us had any questions and then that was the end. I made sure to ask a question just so I would stand out, and then went up and thanked them and shook all their hands. We didn't have any one on one interviews so I left really not knowing if they were really vibing with me. But overall it was a good experience I left feeling that if I were to get the job i know I would fit in and probably make really good friends. Overall I think while you might like lush products if you're not really outgoing and comfortable making conversation with basically anyone you're going to have a hard time getting through and shining in the interview. For me there was no second part and they called me the next day saying i was a riot and they wanted to hire me. They then gave be the training dates and told me they'd be in touch with tell me about the location because as i previously said our store isn't open until the end of the month.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be? And if you were a fruit what would you be?   1 Answer
    • What your passion?   1 Answer
    • What are some of the things you admire about lush?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process is really interactive! You go into a store where they teach you how to sell products, and then you have to sell them to the rest of the hiring party (other interviewees) and the interviewers, which are usually people you will be working with. Interview process is best for people who are outgoing or familiar with Lush products.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Lush product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Okay first of all, I arrived 12 minutes late because i was at a wrong location and I came very professionally prepared i had a Job Portfolio with my print outs of my cover letter and resume, they may just ask for a resume but give them a cover letter as well, it is such a great look. They may say to not have to bring your resume because they'll have it readily available at the hiring fair but bring a binder that says Job Portfolio on the front sleeve that contains both Pages with like 4 copies inside, trust me i was literally the only one who had a binder. So when i arrived late i introduced myself and propped open my job portfolio and handed them my two papers, their faces where priceless they where very surprised. So i walk into the room and i notice that the hiring fair was just about to start so i made though late! There was no seats in the table with all of the applicants and i made a little Mean Girls reference and i made everyone laugh to my surprise and pulled up a chair next to someone. So we first begin to introduce ourselves and explain why did we choose LUSH and we went around in a circle, thank god i was't last people had very good answers. I mentioned a little story on how the products worked for me and how i would like to share my story with customers and explained how i absolutely love their cute campaigns. Next we where to get split up into 2 groups and do demos on each other, there was 8 people and we where in groups of 4 so it was an even number. You and your partner are going to take turns after watching the manager to the demo. What i did is i was given dream cream and gorgeous cream and we were graded based on how we interacted with the customer oh and how comfortable we were touching our partners hand, it is very important to have some info about the ingredients because it will be pretty easy there were a few who could not recite the ingredients back and froze up which was not a good look so memorize!!! Also have some personality make it fun, make people laugh, i made so many people laugh that day and i feel like i made them like me a lot. We then switched groups to the massage bars and Silky underwear powder which was pretty much the same experience (you smell so good afterwards). Finally we had to get our 1 on 1 interviews and i was the first to get interviewed. Okay so i sat down (forgot to shake hands UGH) and introduced myself and she first noted how on my resume it appears like i have no job experience and which i don't so i told her i have done volunteer work in the past and that i feel like it is the same experience except your not getting paid and she was yes that is very much true and that is very good to know because it shoes that you are a dedicated worker. So guys if you are still in school VOLUNTEER it looks amazing in your interviews and resume! she then looked at her questions and said these questions aren't fair for you since you have no experience yet with customers, so she said that she will tailor them for me and asked when was a time you provide excellent service or customer service? And i answered that smoothly she then asked me what my horoscope sign was and when i told her she was like i knew it! She then asked me what does customer service mean to you? and she asked me What do you bring to lush and how will you make your coworker comfortable?, but i do remember my very last question so well and it was "What are your educational goals or personal goals?" And i went on answering i want to be a head nurse and that i want to finish community college, i then went on to speak about my personal goals, they where very personal but i felt so comfortable mentioning them to her because it is important to be honest with your future workplace and i told her about my transgender journey and how i am going to be starting this year (She was so nice i felt so comfortable talking to her she was like a friend!) and i said if it was going to be okay i hope this doesn't limit my opportunity and she said no not all we then began to talk about transgender things how one of her friends recently got surgery and finally she said i have asked you all of your questions do you have any to ask me, i then asked her why she decided to work for lush and then asked her what her favorite product was. And the interview ended so i extended my hand out for a handshake (i remembered) and she said no, i like hugs better and she hugged me! I thought wow LUSH is so cool there like friends! I did notice that when the manager finished interviewing other applicants she shook all of their hands so that was cool i actually got a heart to heart convo with the manager! I strongly suggest to be really honest with your manager when they give you open ended questions but don't make it too personal that it makes the interviewer uncomfortable, my personal answer was a bit work related so i guess it was okay i don't know trust your instincts. Well that concludes my story and i actually got called 3 days later!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced excellent customer service or provided excellent customer service?

What does customer service mean to you?

What do you bring to LUSH and how will you make your coworker comfortable?

What educational goals or personal goals do you have?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Two stages: hiring party and then culture hour. Hiring party consisted of a handful of applicants - we sat in a group and answered questions about ourselves (personal and professional) one at a time after hearing about the company and the store. Then we were pulled in one by one to speak with the manager about how we would fit in and be of value to the shop.

Culture hour was done during business hours, one on one with a current associate. They first demonstrated a product on me while tellingn me about it and then I had to repeat the demo and information back to them. We had time in my interview to do about three different products. They are testing to see if you are comfortable demonstrating the various products and if you can regain and regurgitate information about them.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Sugar Land, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to the group interview and it was pretty nerve wrecking, but I still made it through. Then I got called back to do the culture hour and to me it went great and they decided not to move forward with me this afternoon.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Went through three hiring parties to finally get hired as seasonal in 2015. They only accept emailed resumes through their face books to the respective stores. Once hired, I watched my management laugh at people's resumes and names, experience and grammar. In the hiring party you will be broken up into smaller sub groups, they make you "sparkle" i.e. Poor bubble bath between two pitchers (as if that shows your talents), they will show you a product and then make you go around the group demoing on each other, tell you a little about the company while simultaneously pulling people aside to ask you a few questions. The hiring party I was finally hired at they asked questions that had nothing to do with the job such as your zodiac sign, what animal you are etc. the more eccentric you are dressed and act the more likely you will be hired or viewed favorably. While the questions are not difficult, it is difficult to get a job here as it was judged based on appearance etc they didn't care how intelligent or knowledgable you are.