LUSH North America Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.4

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very fun! We were divided into groups and sent to different stations. We were shown and given information about a product and then we had to regurgitate that info in our own fun and original way!

Interview Questions

• What was a time you upset somebody and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LUSH North America

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

The interview was an open hiring party, it's different for all locations but mine was a Facebook RSVP, but this seemed pretty disorganized because the Facebook event said about 15 people were coming but there was at least 30 people at the actual event. It seemed they didn't expect that many people because the party lasted almost 2 hours but we only had time to demo 1 or 2 products in that entire time frame. Was pretty difficult to stand out. However everybody was extremely kind and I'd definitely attend another hiring party should the opportunity arise.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

The interview took the form of a "hiring party." It was essentially a group interview - there were about 15 other people besides me. The manager in training explained some of the background on Lush, asked us a few basic questions in a group setting, and had us partner up and do a product demo on our partner while they watched and gave tips. Overall a very laid-back and fun interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very unique questions were asked. Very friendly, outgoing people. There will be a lot of returning employees, and former seasonal sales associates that apply in the group interview, with history with the people at the store. So, make sure you stand out as much as possible and highlight your main skills. There are role play situations and product demonstrations. You learn a list of the ingredients they use and don't use and why and their sourcing habits, locations, and what each ingredient is used for primarily (Second round of interviews). You must be confident!

Interview Questions

• They asked the group what their Astrology sign is to get everyone comfortable talking   1 Answer
    • What is your spirit animal?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite product and why   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUSH North America (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in with a group of other applicants, and moved through multiple demo instructions. Throughout the group exercises, individuals were pulled aside for short one on one interviews. The entire process took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you exhibited exemplary customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Syracuse, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very easy interview. We did demos on some of the products, ice breakers and we got a little lush gift at the end. I didn't feel like a interview too much because they are laid back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do if a customer doesn't want to be bothered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LUSH North America (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They had a hiring event where multiple people attend , they give a feel on what it's like to work at Lush , a few demonstrations , we were told they would call candidates by the end of the week for a second interview , was called for a second interview where you demo a product on them and then you sit for a few questions asked on why you'd like to work for the company and such . After the interview and all they said they would call by the end of the week wether you got the job or didn't since they don't like to keep people hanging , but they never did .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

Group hiring event, wanted to see how we interact with other people, and our social skills, our learning styles and what sort of interest we have in their product, and the overall vibe we deliver.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

I applied during a job fair. They had you break off into groups and do short activities like explaining the products to one another. It was fun and easy. After that there was a second round of interviews the next week where you do the same thing.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Denver, CO).

Interview

LUSH does group interviews. You go in as a big group (my group had about 20) and then they divided us up into smaller groups. Each group was paired with a current employee who would do an example of how to demo and talk about a product. Then they had each of us try on one another. They listened to how we held conversations, remembered product details, and handled the experience of touching strangers. While the group was doing this, the manager and manager in training would pull one of us away for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why LUSH?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite LUSH product.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time a customer was upset and you redeemed the situation.   Answer Question