LV= Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LV= Interview Questions

2.7

Broker Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LV= (Brentwood, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pros
    None

Cons
    Found the staff unprofessional;
    I have two degrees which were unacknowledged;
    Travelled 2 and a half hours and LV refused to reimburse my expenses;
    Job advert said graduate job - felt I was far too qualified for the role as was admin based;
    Salary said negotiable on website and was 16k - was very disappointed as I wouldn’t have attended if knowing; and
    Failed to offer a drink on arrival.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Fairly straight forward. The interviewer was friendly and asked fairly typical graduate job style interview questions (why I chose to apply for the role, etc.). The interview was quite short (about 20 min, including the introduction). I would say it was an easier than average interview for a graduate role.

Actuarial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LV= (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

Wasn't too long, but felt a bit intimidated as you were in a huge room with only yourself and two people. The two people were one actuarial analyst and one senior actuary. They asked you pretty hard technical questions that I couldn't really answer and a lot of competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Suggest some advice on the motor insurance industry right now.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LV= (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

1. Usual HR chit chat
    2. next round, with 2 managers: situation questions, technical questions, open ended
    3. next, interview with person who would be my boss, situation, in depth discussion on best practices, etc

I had good experience during the interview # 2 & 3. They are starting with the Data Science practice so are relatively new to the process , future vision etc.

However,
    the worst bit came later, couple of weeks after the 3rd interview, they called and informed me that they would like to make an offer.
    I had a call with the HR to discuss salary etc and was promised to get back in a couple of days with the final offer.

I followed up with a polite email couple of times to confirm if we were moving forward or not and general status but haven't heard back from them to date!

The least they can do is to communicate what is happening and show decency to even email.

Advice to LV,

if you are serious about getting good candidates to start up a new practice, the least you can do is offer clear communication and not be wishy washy.

Interview Questions

LV= Response

Sep 29, 2016 – Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your review. We can only address issues that we are aware of, so we really do value you taking the time to share your experience with us. Having discussed with the Resourcing team... More

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LV= in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got invited to an interview two weeks later. It was easy to get an interview and the process was quite quick and effortless. Interview was a positive experience and the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

LV= Response

May 9, 2016 – Group Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review - really pleased to see that you enjoyed the experience and that it was a positive one.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LV= (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Had an informal chat with some if the staff followed by 2 interviews, one about the company, the other a tehnical one. There was an individual task which involved ranking hypothetical new business ideas ad explaining your reasoning and also a group teamwork task where we had to build the tallest tower out of paper to hold up a bottle.

Interview Questions

• Some very technical actuarial questions which i was unprepared for.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LV= (Exeter, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I have had a few interviews within LV= for different job roles and I cant say interviews are something I feel comfortable with or enjoy as I do tend to feel the nerves but I have to admit that all my interviews have been laid back but formal. I was made to feel very comfortable during the whole interview process and never felt like I was being judged on my answers or uncomfortable in any way shape or form.

Interview Questions

• Some included;
      Name a time you have motivated your team?
      When have you been faced with obstacles in a job and what did you do to rectify this / overcome it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

May 9, 2016 – Group Head of Resourcing

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and pleased to see that it was a positive one - good luck in your new role!

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LV= (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online, a week later HR lady contacted me and invited me for interview. I went to their headquarters and had 1:1 interview with hiring manager and his assistant. It was a standard formal type, consisting of ice breaking questions, competency questions and at the end technical questions. After that and the length depends on the stage of the interview, if you're successful you will have second 1:1 with senior stakeholder. Overall good experience, but better prepare yourself with a lot of good examples of competency base and some technical questions about the role!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Graduate Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LV= (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application including longer answer questions, online test including numerical and verbal reasoning, telephone interview for 20 minutes, day long assessment centre which included a presentation by LV=, individual interviews, individual tasks, group tasks, individual presentations and a tour of LV=.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LV= (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I, for one, had to wait 40 minutes until someone came to collect me. They proceeded to blame this on someone "failing to communicate" that I was there. So eventually, I was taken upstairs and asked some basic competency questions, along with the hideously awkward "so how long would you work in this role before moving to the next position?". Despite not even working there I still had to give them a specific amount of time, which to me sounds totally ridiculous!

Furthermore, to add to the rising levels of insanity at this location, I was informed that, if successful, I'd have to wait 2 years for a parking space. It ws further explained that until one became available it was a free for all, and I'd have to park in front of someone's house and walk in.

Hideously disorganised, and felt more like an interrogation than an interview. I can't say I was disappointed when I wasn't offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you've dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a time you've used your own initiative?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here? Is it because of you interest in insurance or LV as a company?   Answer Question
    • If you progress in the role, how long would you want to stay in the position? (honestly have no idea what the right answer is here)   Answer Question

Sep 9, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on here. We’re really sorry to hear that you’ve not had the best interview experience with us, and are very disappointed that you’ve been left... More