La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology Interview Questions

2.8

Core Lab Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology.

Interview

The interview process was professional yet laid back. Human Resources contacted me quickly (within a week) after I applied and soon scheduled a phone screen which was followed by an in person interview. The interview was 1 to 1 and I felt very comfortable and at ease. I also received a tour of the facilities and learned about the benefits offered. The interview lasted about two hours.

Clinical Studies Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR first to set up an interview. I was offered a Skype interview or an in-person interview. I chose the in-person interview. HR said I would be speaking with 5 people, but I ended up speaking to 4. First, I was interviewed by the supervisor and lead. Then, I was interviewed by the admin and the phlebotomist. They were very friendly people. The whole interview was about 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle strong personalities in the workplace?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology.

Interview

Although I did not end up getting the job, the interview process was great. The HR team was super friendly and explained the role in full detail. The team was also super responsive and provided great feedback. Although I did not get hired I would definitely recommend friends to apply and I will absolutely applying to any positions that fit my career goals in the future!

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology in March 2016.

Interview

Supposed to be onsite interview in San Diego, but I did not live in the area so they made accommodations to do a Skype interview instead. Asked basic interview questions about my background, experience, and behavioral questions. There was about 30 minutes in between of technical questions about calculating dilutions and concentrations and stuff like that

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

The interview process is dependent on the management within the lab to which you are applying. My interview process consisted by a phone interview followed by an in-person interview one week later. In person, I met with various panels of people that work within the lab, including the lab manager, the post-docs, as well as fellow research technicians.

Interview Questions

• Describe what experience you hope to gain from this position and from working within our lab.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (La Jolla, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

they asked me questions about my personal background, my interests which was followed by a detailed interview related to my resume as well as questions related to the lab i applied to. I was questioned about my understanding of the techniques mentioned in my resume

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very basic interview, no grilling, all in all an ok experience. A post doc and an instructor interview me first and then the PI asked a few general questions. I got a sense that they were more interested in asking me to stay for years on a very low salary than trying to judge my skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join here and if you would leave for a better opportunity   1 Answer

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (La Jolla, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume via email directly to the person hiring. Contacted via phone to gauge initial interest in position and set up in-person 1on1. Direct in-person interview with the lab Principle Investigator, which included basic background questions on technical proficiencies.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans, and what type of time commitment can you make for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was significantly less than my recent previous job at a different geographic, but it was in the mid to upper-mid range for salaries offered in the area for this position. I did not negotiate, though I felt that there was an opportunity to, because with the request of a higher salary with be a greater demand from the position to include higher levels of stress and increased responsibilities. Personally, I didn't move to La Jolla for increased levels of stress and I am happy with my choice.

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was done over skype as I was still working in Europe. We had 3 interviews total where I described my past experience, goals.
    They also went into what moving to San Diego would entail (you need a car, there's an extensive Visa application process..) I'm guessing it's a big deterrent for a lot of their applicants.

Interview Questions

• What would you expect your salary to be, considering we do not offer relocation packages?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I have to mention that it's a highly lab-to-lab dependent process so my experience can't speak for others. Mine is pretty pleasant and it took about less than four weeks from application to getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just scientific questions and not really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate as the package for postdoc is pretty fixed.