La-Z-Boy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

La-Z-Boy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

I applied for visual merchandiser but through a series of events I ended up having my resume passed to a GM who interviewed me for sales. Very casual interview, done on the couches in the store, laid back, conversational style. I've never done sales before but I showed I was very personable and driven so they offered me a position. Everyone I have met and interviewed with have been very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes in (at your current job) how do you greet them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for La-Z-Boy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Not very professional. Had me fill out paperwork and conduct a few pre employment tests on a couch in the showroom. I think I intimidated the lady who interviewed with for the job. I come from a auto sales background and have worked many sales gigs in the last 20 years. I felt like I was visiting with my grandma who interviewed me in a recliner in the showroom with customers all around. When I left I new I didn't want to work there.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a part-time position with La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery on careerbuilder.com and was notified when the manager had viewed my application via the app. Within a few days I received a phone call from the store manager in my area wanting to set up a time for me to come in and formally apply (fill out an application) and interview for the open position. The manager seemed very flexible about times and days available. We agreed on a time that worked for me so I had a few days to prepare. When I arrived it took about 15-20 minutes to fill out the 4 pages of information they request; the application was pretty standard stuff. Staff members seemed busy, yet courteous. Everyone seemed happy to help. For the interview, the manager took me to a table in the showroom and we sat and discussed my qualifications for about 30 minutes. All questions seemed to be asked from a corporate checklist-style worksheet. Most of the subsequent questions were answered in my previous responses but I was happy to give further examples to keep a good flow of conversation going. I was also prepared to ask questions of my own. The interview was very conversational and in a comfortable setting. I was hired on the spot and we continued to the office where I was introduced to the assistant manager to begin my New Hire Packet. *Always take your ID, Social Security Card and a blank check from your personal checking account (for Direct Deposit paperwork) to any interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for La-Z-Boy?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with a customer. What did you do to resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation but $10/hour is a decent and competitive wage for part-time work in my area. Unfortunately, the part-time position restricts the maximum number of hours you can work to 25 or less each week.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Fairfax, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through company's website. Was called the next day to come in and fill out the application and interview. Interview was just a few questions. Was called in the next day to sign. Very quick.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews, first usually with Store Manager, sort of creepy older guy with HUGE ego, then with owner's wife, sometimes both together, LOTS of motivation questions, they need to reveal if you are willing to rely on commission only income, base draw is only $800 gross per pay period. So cheap they only pay twice a month instead of every two weeks. BEWARE, and ask them to tell you truthfully HOW MANY employees the have burned thru in just the past few years. If they say fewer than 100-200 for 6-8 positions, then RUN. Hugely detail oriented owners and manager, they will deny your commission and keep it themselves if you make the slightest error, VERY HIGH PRESSURE SALES.

Interview Questions

• They will ask how motivated you are, and if you are comfortable working on a commission or goal-based income stream. Beware, they will use unrealistic sales earnings of one or two employees who are reaching those sales dollars thru favoritism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations accepted. The base salary of $800 is non negotiable, and if you don't meet sales goals within 1-3 months you are gone unless you are an attractive woman and flirt with the manager (or more)...yech.

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (O'Fallon, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online through a third party job website. The next day I received an email from the Store Manager asking to set up an interview with her. The first interview took an hour and a half. She talked to me about the job and what I'd be doing. Then asked me about myself and my background. She wanted me to meet with the Designer, but she was busy at the time so we scheduled another time for me to come back and talk with her. This second interview lasted about 45 minutes, and she had a list of questions that she needed to ask me. After this interview I received a call from the Sales Manager and we briefly talked on the phone and she asked me more questions. I later came in to meet with her another time which only lasted 15 minutes. This whole process took me a month to get hired at this company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone call for interview same day. Next day went into interview, didn't think I had a chance because I don't have sales experience. They said they would call me the next day, I never got a call. I called them and was told to start on Monday.

Interview Questions

• No questions were really asked. Only- "Tell me about yourself" I explained my passion for interior design.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I said I wanted $9.00 an hr, they give $10.00 an hr

Anonymous Employee in Setauket, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Setauket, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com and recieved a phone call about an interview. I set up an interview two days later with a manager. He was extremely unprofessional. He told me how he was on pain pills for his back and was a homosexual; engaged to his boyfriend. He then began to go through other applicants resumes in front of me. Telling me that some of them could not spell. The only question I was asked was "what should I ask you?" I was told that he would call me on monday if I got the job. I was never called so I called him and he told me to start next week. And after all that idid take the position.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. It was casual and not even an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. A draw of $400 a week ... so $10/hr

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Florence, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

The Manager was friendly and engaging. I felt at ease. No grueling questions were asked. I felt more like it was a friendly get to know me session than an interrogation.The job was portrayed as being more lucrative than it actually was. The potential for advancement was over stated. I was more or less being sold the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How do you feel about a sales career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very laid back but intense

Interview Questions

• I had multiple interviews with different managers in three locations   Answer Question