La-Z-Boy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.0

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Positive and pleasant interview. Lots of information about the company's recent changes and overall direction. Discussed consultative salesmanship, hours, sales goals, staffing and product lines. Good basic questions asked of my prior experience working with customers. Reviewed company catalog and toured the showroom. Discussed what hourly wage I was requesting. Informed of company background/credit checks. Briefly covered scheduling.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in your last sales position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for La-Z-Boy

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

It was rather easy, basically just go in and be honest about yourself. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was an in person interview, they said that they do not like to do interviews over the phone because they aren't as personable.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Stoughton, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very lazy and unenthusiastic and involved a lot of unintelligent questions, Typical questions such as are you able to work weekends and holidays, do you have open availability and can you vacuum and dust and do you have previous work experience. Nothing too challenging. A monkey could get a job there.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was faster than I expected but polite and professional. Quick easy hiring process. My first paycheck took a long time to reach me based on the pay period so don't depend on it immediately. It was about a month of no income but after that everything evened out.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience in overcoming objections?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

I applied for visual merchandiser but through a series of events I ended up having my resume passed to a GM who interviewed me for sales. Very casual interview, done on the couches in the store, laid back, conversational style. I've never done sales before but I showed I was very personable and driven so they offered me a position. Everyone I have met and interviewed with have been very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes in (at your current job) how do you greet them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Not very professional. Had me fill out paperwork and conduct a few pre employment tests on a couch in the showroom. I think I intimidated the lady who interviewed with for the job. I come from a auto sales background and have worked many sales gigs in the last 20 years. I felt like I was visiting with my grandma who interviewed me in a recliner in the showroom with customers all around. When I left I new I didn't want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Snellville, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with the store manager and the district manager. It was a very comfortable and easy experience. Very relaxed environment. We sat on the sofas on the floor and just talked

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy process, face to face interview with Store Manager and Sales Manager mostly talked about skills and qualification. Very relaxed process. was Hired on the spot the day of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a part-time position with La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery on careerbuilder.com and was notified when the manager had viewed my application via the app. Within a few days I received a phone call from the store manager in my area wanting to set up a time for me to come in and formally apply (fill out an application) and interview for the open position. The manager seemed very flexible about times and days available. We agreed on a time that worked for me so I had a few days to prepare. When I arrived it took about 15-20 minutes to fill out the 4 pages of information they request; the application was pretty standard stuff. Staff members seemed busy, yet courteous. Everyone seemed happy to help. For the interview, the manager took me to a table in the showroom and we sat and discussed my qualifications for about 30 minutes. All questions seemed to be asked from a corporate checklist-style worksheet. Most of the subsequent questions were answered in my previous responses but I was happy to give further examples to keep a good flow of conversation going. I was also prepared to ask questions of my own. The interview was very conversational and in a comfortable setting. I was hired on the spot and we continued to the office where I was introduced to the assistant manager to begin my New Hire Packet. *Always take your ID, Social Security Card and a blank check from your personal checking account (for Direct Deposit paperwork) to any interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for La-Z-Boy?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with a customer. What did you do to resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation but $10/hour is a decent and competitive wage for part-time work in my area. Unfortunately, the part-time position restricts the maximum number of hours you can work to 25 or less each week.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Fairfax, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through company's website. Was called the next day to come in and fill out the application and interview. Interview was just a few questions. Was called in the next day to sign. Very quick.