Lab Support Staffing Consultant/Client Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lab Support Staffing Consultant/Client Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Lab Support

1 Interview Review

Staffing Consultant/Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lab Support (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Did phone interview with a recruiter who found my resume on Monster.com. He set up a phone interview with Southern California "District Manager".
I talked with district manager for over 90 minutes, and although I never have gotten my hopes up after any job interview, the way this guy talked was on the order of "You'll be doing this", "we'll be having you do this", "you'll have the whole Southern California territory to work with, it'll be yours"...as if I was already hired. I found that really curious. After the call, he told the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with senior management for the next week. We had appointment time set up. I called the recruiter the Monday morning before to confirm, and he sounded like he had just finished a weekend of partying - he sounded like he had a hangover. He said, "Oh, hi....yeah, you just read my mind, I was just going to call you and tell you that we will need to cancel that interview...we hired somebody internally for that position." Okay, fine. I then emailed the district manager whom I spoke with earlier and he gave the [lame] response of "Thanks for your note. We were pretty far along with the other candidate by the time you and I spoke, so...keep in touch. Thanks." Waste of time. Both recruiter and the district manager seemed, and sounded, like cocky young guys. I find it unprofessional that they did not complete the interview process with me...if that's any indication of how their business operates (to just start things they don't finish, or to just brush people off) then I'm well rid of them. Starting a candidate through the interview process and then actually setting an appointment for them to go to the next step, but then calling to cancel it is really the height of unprofessionalism. On a different note, I actually worked for On Assignment right after I got out of school back around 2000. On Assignment found me right after I graduated. The company that On Assignment found me the temp job with did hire me on permanently after 6 months. I can only imagine the huge fee they probably paid out to On Assignment when they brought me onboard. Had they just run an ad online, I'm sure I'd have found them (Portland is a small town and at that time there were only a few chemical companies) and they could've done a direct hire. The company actually terminated their relationship with On Assignment after awhile and started just doing direct hires. I recall that the HR Manager said that On Assignment charged them double the wage I was getting - I got like 15 bucks an hour for those first 6 months, so that means they paid another 15 to On Assignment. Probably nice commission for On Assignment's salesfolks, but I think that's pretty retarded...what were they really doing to earn that money? Nothing. Of course in those days, there was no Craigslist, so many of those headhunting agencies were making big bucks. On Assignment is a growing company, its financials don't look too shabby, but it probably wasn't worth my time to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you think the most difficult part of the job will be   1 Answer