LabCorp Courier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Courier Interview Questions

Interviews at LabCorp

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LabCorp (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

it was very simple the manager really did not ask probing questions just briefly half way described to job duties of the courier,and failed to mention all of necessary duites that were of vital importance during the interview and unprofessionalism of the management team as a whole

Interview Questions

• they only conferred with employees when there was a complaint or missing specimens   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LabCorp (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an interview quickly.
    The interview...was horrible and awkward. He seemed to avoid eye contract with me and had a horrible attitude. I felt very unwelcomed and he kept saying "I never know what the hell to ask".
    Overall, I would say that it was a very unprofessional experience which left me feeling discriminated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Weslaco, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty smooth interview.Very laid back managers.Nice people,seems like a nice place I'd want to work for a while.They did mention that they have no control over the pay.They said that human resources determines that once they decide to go ahead and hire you.They told me that HR will be contacting me with an offer the following week if they decide to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have to offer the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Albany, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The application process and online hiring process were lengthy and annoying. However, if you are asked to come in for a face to face interview (after a phone interview!) it should be smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview was a waste of time they already knew who they were going to hire. I thought the interview went well, but I didn't get the job. The manager even made me feel out a background check form like I had got the job. On my way out all the hiring manager said was to apply again if I don't get the job this time. That was a clear indicator that she already knew who see was going to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

My experience in trying to obtain a job at LabCorp has to be the worst experience I have ever had with a company. From the time I first applied on their website (for 3 similar positions, each with a different starting and end time for work) until the day I was to begin employment took nearly two months. First I was sent an email saying that the position I had applied for was cancelled (not specifying exactly WHICH position was cancelled, as I had applied to more than one). In the meantime, I took an interim job elsewhere to bring in money. About a month and a half after first applying, I get another email from someone in HR saying that had an update on my application and they wanted to make me an offer. I accepted the offer and completed their time consuming online onboarding paperwork. I had to agree to take a drug screening and consent to a background check as conditions of my job offer, which I did. Here is where things fell apart. I have been taking drug tests regularly as part of my job between 1992 and 2014 without any problems. Since I've never used drugs (and never will), I always passed any drug test I was given. But, when I called to get the results of my drug test for LabCorp, I was told that I tested positive for codeine. This is not possible, since I am not taking any prescription drugs at all and have nothing in the house that contains codeine. I reported the results of the drug test to HR as requested, but had to leave a voicemail message since no one answered the phone when I called. I also left a message with the person who was to be my supervisor at the new job, and sent an email to HR and the local LabCorp office where I'd be working about the drug test results. Not ONE person at LabCorp responded to any of my phone calls or emails after I told them the results of my drug test. Suddenly I had gone from someone that in the words of their offer letter "would be a strong addition to the team" and who they had confidence in long-term success at the company, to an apparent substance abuser that the company wanted nothing to do with. For someone who has never used any illegal drugs in his entire life to be treated this way is completely unacceptable, especially from a company as large as LabCorp. I expected much more professionalism and decency than I was given from this company.
    This should be a lesson to anyone thinking about applying for work with this company. If a person who has always been law-abiding and lived a clean and sober life, without the influence of illegal drugs can be suspected of using a controlled substance as a result of a pre-employment drug test, and then had a job offer rescinded as a result of an inaccurate test, then this could happen to ANYONE. Do you really want to work for a company that is willing to treat you like a criminal when you've done absolutely nothing wrong?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you arrived at a location to pick up a sample and then you were told you'd have to wait before it was ready for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

Very thorough, they asked about 4 pages of questions, interviewers were very unenthusiastic, was also given a test at the end to prove I could read and write by putting names and cities in alphabetical order

Interview Questions

• How do you drive in the rain,snow, or on a normal day   Answer Question
    • Do you text while driving   Answer Question
    • How do handle unhappy customers   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were asked to wait for a lab specimen to be prepared knowing you only have 5 minutes to complete each delivery   Answer Question
    • What interstate would you take to get to Norfolk general and what exit would you get off at   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you spilled a lab specimen   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email to update my online application and was called soon after to make an appointment for the interview. The interview was very simple and easy. It consisted of writing down the answers to about 16 interview questions on paper. I was then informed of the job details and benefits, and filled out all the necessary paperwork for the background check. After a little over two weeks I contacted the interviewer via email to inquire about the position and have not yet had a reply. The process seemed to be relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic interview questions, such as "Describe a time when...", etc.   Answer Question