LabCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2018

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

Brief, less than 10 minutes phone call. I was asked about 5 or 6 behavioral questions. Then contacted for a face to face interview a few days later. Phone interview was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to being stressed out at work?   1 Answer

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Arlington, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

First step was a phone screen with a recruiter, then I set up a phone interview for the next week. The day comes around and about 15 minutes after the start time the recruiter called to ask if we had confirmed a time for the in-person interview that day. I informed him that I had received no confirmation and no address to go to or the name of anyone to meet with or contact. He apologized and contacted two lab supervisors who then called me and performed a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of an overall description of the lab and about 15 questions. Mostly behavioral, but some regarding the type of lab equipment/tests I was familiar with. They said they would have a decision by the end of the week, but did not schedule an in-person with me. I don't feel confident.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed a teammate was performing a procedure incorrectly?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an error during a sample transaction?   Answer Question
    • Describe the importance of aseptic technique in a lab.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work independently? As a team?   Answer Question
    • Say you are assigned to work 500 cases, including databasing and accessioning, in 5 days. How would you approach this?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been involved with an issue in which corrective action (not necessarily a punishment) was taken?   Answer Question
    • Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LabCorp (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was a transfer, so the process was different than a new hire. I pretty much skipped the phone interview and had already done the drug testing and background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• When is it appropriate to pour from one lavender into another?   1 Answer
    • Is it ever appropriate to tear a hole in the finger of your glove?   1 Answer
    • What to do if a parent and their child walk in and she wants you to do a heelstick   1 Answer
    • Where is it appropriate to perform a heelstick?   1 Answer
    • What is universal precautions?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 ways a sample can be unsuitable for testing.   Answer Question
    • What tubes give you a serum specimen?   Answer Question

Cytogenetic Technologist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Durham, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I had a phone interview and then an in person interview a couple of weeks later. In person I interviewed with three of the managers. As far as the hiring process, I feel as though they do things backwards. I was asked to provide my college transcript for review, and I did. Another two weeks go by and I'm offered the position, which I accepted. I go through filling out all the paperwork and accepting the offer several times and emailing back to several people, because there was a major miscommunication between the hiring staff. Anyway, after all that, they tell me that I'm missing two credits from my college transcript. Two... credits. Now here's why I said they do things backwards. Apparently they don't even review your transcript until AFTER you accept the offer! So they interview you, ask for your transcripts about four different times, offer you the position and then tell you you're not qualified.

Reference Test Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Tampa, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

It was very relaxed and one-on-one. The interviewer was my supervisor and she was very nice. She took me on a tour of the facility and showed me where my station would be. She had a sinus infection, but did not let that get in the way of a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker who did not like you?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Loganville, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. Interview was extremely nice. Very laid back atmosphere. They ask a bunch of predetermined questions. Pretty common sense stuff. After the questions I had to do a MOCK DRAW. Make sure you know your stuff as far as the order of the draw and what test are drawn in what tubes. After the mock draw, the interviewer stated she wanted to do my second interview on the spot. Answered some more questions, which were pretty much the same as the first set of questions, but just worded differently. 2 weeks after my face to face interview, I received a phone call from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What’s the difference between good customer service and great customer service?   Answer Question

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Orlando, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was taken place in one of the office where they asked you the general questions as listed by other people. Then after the interview process they will ask you if you wish to go and tour around the facility which I did. Then they proceed to tell you how everything works and somewhat teach you on the spot if they believe if you're a good candidate. Then they will proceed to tell you afterwards that you will get a phone call from their manager to do an interview which they will ask the same general questions then tell you that you will hear back after what corporate has to say.

Interview Questions

• One of the few questions were on how long were you able to stay and it would be up to 7am if I was to start at 6pm.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

I applied online. This was followed by a link to fill out assessment which was about an hour long. This was followed be emails asking for more information. Bottom-line: there is no HR (human) contact in their process. Don't waste your time.

Interview

2 round phone interview. contacted first by hr, followed by one round technical interview. went over the resume first. Be prepared for linear regression, classification type of questions. average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• past projects, and business sense (e.g. how would you use data in this situation)   Answer Question

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and it took a month before I got a call to set up an interview. Interviewer was polite but seemed uninterested about the interview...

You literally sit down in a room with the supervisor and they read questions off a sheet of paper and write down your answers. It was very awkward because she did not seem interested in what I was saying and was more focused at copying my responses... Questions were very easy and were the generic interview questions. Definitely the worse interview I have ever had because it was painfully awkward.

Interview Questions

• All were easy generic questions you can definitely find online.   Answer Question