LabCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2018

2.4

Patient Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially interviewed over the phone. I was previously employed by labcorp so they not only interviewed my on the phone, but they called and verified my references. I was applying for an out of state job so the 1:1 interview was skipped (this is rarely done.) The interview took over an hour on the phone. The interview process consisted of a series of question based on previous experience and hypothetical situations. I was then asked to virtually walk through a draw. If the interview is done in person the draw is a live draw on the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Step by step how do you draw a patient who needs a fasting glucose, cbc, pt, and a digoxin?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable.

Patient Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LabCorp (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I initially called the HR department to follow up on the status of my application. After doing so, they called me back a week later for the interview. I was first asked to complete a survey about specimen testing and what certain acronyms stood for. Then I was in a panel interview where I was askeds a plethora of simple questions and where I had to display how to complete a successful venipuncture. They called me back in a week and I started work.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with complaining customers?   1 Answer

Pool Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

first, I do a 5 min test about finding differences between two codes, kind of the online test. Then, asking some behaviors questions based on your experience and the job requirement.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

Easy to apply for a position with labcorp. You will have to call and ask about your application to let them know that you really want to work with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Shelton, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

applied online to multiple positions off of their website, received a call to finish further application, received phone interview with NC headquarter recruiter, was scheduled for a face to face panel interview with the lab supervisor and lab manager a week later. only met the lab supervisor during interview, toured the lab with him, was given a quick 5 minute coding test on paper, and discussed availability and such. has been a little over 2 weeks and still waiting to hear back, though i thought the interview went wonderfully.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I met with the department supervisor. She did not work in the lab, nor was she available to reach during third shift (she works days). I was very nervous, but the department head made me feel comfortable. She was personable and open to answering any questions.

It was not until my first shift that I met the shift supervisor. She came in three hours after I had, so I was being trained by someone that was technically in a different department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

I had a face to face interview with HR with questions about yourself, why are you interested in working here, a difficult situation you dealt with, how you handle stress, etc. if they like you they have you interview with the manager of the department and they interview you again there.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation at work or outside of work   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LabCorp in April 2014.

Interview

Completed online application and assessment. 2-3 days after, I was called for an interview with the department supervisor. The interview was very relaxed and lasted for about one hour. I was told by the supervisor that she would be conducting more interviews and expected to make a decision within 2 weeks. 3 days later I was contacted with an offer to start in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Pretty general interview questions. The questions are geared towards wanting to find out if you are organized, pay close attention to detail, reliable, if you have eye and hand dexterity etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Basically, they ask you what your minimum hourly pay requirement is and that is the offer that they make. So make sure you go hire than your actual minimum.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

Was rejected for all of the positions I applied for, before all my applications were completed. Some of the assessments were finished, and some were not. I went back a day later to complete the assessments (because they are each ~40 minutes long), when I started receiving the automated emails. Absolute rubbish. I have a Bachelor's Degree + some experience, some of the positions required only a driver's license, or only a high school diploma. Take heed of the negative reviews on this site from people who actually worked for this company, saying not to work here. I feel blessed to NOT have been given a fair shake, much better things are in store.

Interview Questions

• A customer has a problem that needs to be fixed immediately. To properly fix the problem you need to gather some information from the customer, but the customer is angry and impatient. What would you be MOST likely to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Burlington, NC).

Interview

Applied online; next day got a call to schedule phone interview; then got a call to schedule one on one interview. The interviewer acted like he had found someone and no longer needed interview. I was barely asked any questions.