LabCorp Medical Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Medical Technologist Interview Questions

Interviews at LabCorp

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. i was then asked questions about personality and lab operations. There were also some questions about microbiology. I was told they would call me if i got the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Burlington, NC) in July 2018.

Interview

I came into the lab and they interviewed me in the offices. It was pretty short and most of it focused on just describing myself. It was very easy, don't stress about it. You can also asked to be led around the lab by a lower level employee as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is PCR (this is literally the only job related question they ask you)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief and informal, interviewed on the phone with HR recruiter. Then scheduled a face to face interview with potential supervisor for one hour. Process was well organized and very easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly pertained to work experience. Questions about situations in the lab about how you would react to certain scenarios. Also asked questions about technical questions. Asked if I prefer certain work shifts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (West Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Quick interview with department manager only for a small department
    Call back within a few days
    New employee orientation was 2 hours long
    They were looking for someone with experience in specific field
    Once I accepted the job had to provide college diploma, immunization records, background check and urine drug screen. Everything was fine online. Drug screens are done at the same location as the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

It was thorough and lengthy but was good to weed out the bad apples

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just told you how much they were offering.

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Raritan, NJ).

Interview

Asked basic questions about pH, specific gravity, QC, and accuracy vs. precision.

Interview Questions

• What is the history of LabCorp?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the lab manager a few days later to set up a face to face interview. It was a very short 15 minutes interview with typical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Birmingham, AL) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied in November, came in for an interview in December and started the job in February. I only had one interview with the department supervisor and all the questions were mainly personality/behavioral type questions. I was asked to give a little bit of my technical background but not in too much detail. Got the job offer over the phone and accepted right away without negotiating because this was my very first job as a tech and I really needed it. The first day was an 8-hr orientation about the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation where you had to deal with a difficult co worker and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted immediately because this was my first job as a tech.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very indepth about my previous experience and qualifications. They even requested a college transcript for a 1980's college graduate? I did at least 3 separate telephone interviews and actually turned down a position located in Burlington, NC before being called back about the position located in RTP, NC. By the time the call came in to inform me I was being offered the job, I could not remeber what job the person was refering to calling to congratulate me.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind working overtime, have you ever done shift work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation salary and shift.

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp in June 2015.

Interview

Straightforward. No out of the ordinary questions. Questions about educational background and what instrumentation you are familiar with. Interviewer said she would get back to me in 2 weeks and did so.