LabCorp Patient Services Technician Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Patient Services Technician Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at LabCorp

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Gwinnett Mall Corners Post Office, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Gwinnett Mall Corners Post Office, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

I had worked for years as temporary in the job and had multiple certifications. I also had worked for a manager at Labcorp at another company. I was hired in 2005 (not 2009). My interview was standard. I applied with a paper application. I was screened by a recruiter. I went through the standard company orientation. I worked at a service center for 1 yr. Then transferred to a doctor office and was let go.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not difficlut. I had a lot of experience, and they were familiar with me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the initial salary. I did not have to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Cary, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. They will ask you the draw order and whether you prefer straight needles or butterflies. Supervisor will take you around the facility and will ask you to do a draw while she watches. Make sure you follow full protocol during your interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not go through a negotiation phase as my offer was what I was looking.

Patient Services Technician Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

I was contacted after 2 weeks of submitting an on-line application. I did an many interview over the phone which the recruiter informed I was under consideration and if the hiring manager like my profile then I will be called for an interview. Two weeks later I received a call from the hiring manager to schedule an phone interview for later that day. I called a week later to check on the progress of the interview. Then a week later I got called with an offer.

Negotiation

I neogotiated salary because of my degree, but the only offered a dollor more

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (San Leandro, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied to this job around mid-September (~17th) and received a call on Dec. 13 (...3 months later) to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was more of a screening, so I was asked some simple generic questions like why you wanted to be a phlebotomist and why labcorp, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. This was literally 16 minutes but at the end, I asked what were the next steps for candidates who pass the phone interview- aaand I was immediately scheduled for a second interview the next morning.

For the in-person interview, I guess they like to shove all interviews in one day so waiting for an available room to interview in made the 'wait' a bit longer. The interview itself was 1:1 and lasted about 20-25 minutes. The questions asked were more technical and situational. Kind of like having a test- like what would you do if a client walked in and was irritated about the services being offered or what qualities would you not like in a boss, or "play-act" your phlebotomy routine.

The second interview took place on a Wednesday and I got the phone call of a job offer the following Monday, just before Christmas. Best christmas present ever~

Interview Questions

• Has a patient ever caused you stress and how did you handle it? (Something like this)   1 Answer
    • What angle should you have your needle going in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't bother to negotiate considering they offered slightly more than I expected (like 60 cents more...) and it's an entry-level position AND my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Tucker, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Call back; set up interview time; one on one interview with supervisor. Responds from management if they decide to offer you the position you will get a call from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about your self and why would you be a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question